Broken nose (Harry)

"Haz, look outside! Snow!" Louis said enthusiastically.

"Beautiful. For once we're going to have a white Christmas." Harry responded.

"Yes, and I love it!" Louis said and smiled.

Harry just looked at Louis and how beautiful he was when he smiled. He pulled his boyfriend into a hug and kissed him on the lips. Louis closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment.

Then Harry's voice interrupted the silence.

"Fancy a hot chocolate boo bear?" Harry asked.

"I would love one! With marshmallows please." Louis said.

"Uh-oh boo bear, I'm afraid we're out of marshmallows. But you know what? I'll go to the supermarket to buy some, all right? And then we'll make it cosy tonight, blankets, couch, movie, you and me, cuddling." Harry said.
"Sounds like and awesome idea. But Haz, I'll go with you to the supermarket. It's slippery outside, I should keep an eye on you." Louis said.
"Good. Let's put our shoes on and go. It would've been handy if we had snowboots or something." Harry stated.

They were outside, walking. Each step leaving footprints in the snow. Louis was completely fascinated by that. He loved snow. To him, it was something magical.  Harry loved the snow as well. After 20 minutes of walking, they arrived at the supermarket. They bought the biggest bag of marshmallows there was and some other candy as well and headed home.

Harry and Louis were walking hand in hand, but all of a sudden, it got very slippery and both of them fell. Louis landed on his butt, but Harry went down face first. Louis quickly stood back up.

"Haz, are you all right?" Louis asked.

Harry turned around and Louis gasped when he took a look at Harry's face. Slowly the white snow underneath them was turning red. Harry's nose was bleeding.

"Ow... my nose hurts." Harry said.

"Oh Haz, come on, let's get you up and go home, we need to stop the bleeding." Louis said.

"Uh, Lou? I'm kinda dizzy." Harry said.

"Oh no... do you think you can walk or...?" Louis asked concerned.

"I think if you support me, I'm able to make it. We're not that far off anymore." Harry replied.

"Oh poor honey. How bad does it hurt?" Louis asked while rubbing his boyfriend's back.

"Quite bad, getting a headache as well. I actually think I broke my nose." Harry said softly.

"Oh no honey... you think so?" Louis asked concerned. But when he took a look at Harry's face, he actually knew the answer already.

Harry nodded sadly.

-----------
With the help of Louis they managed to make it home. Louis made Harry sit down.

"Okay Haz, we need to stop the bleeding. Try to squeeze it." Louis said.

Harry did as he was told. It hurt like hell, but he knew it had to be done. In the meanwhile, Louis put an ice pack in Harry's neck. After a little while, the bleeding stopped, but Harry's nose was really swollen.

"Haz, your nose has to get checked by a doctor. It doesn't look too good." Louis said.

"Uh... yeah. Okay. But I'm actually really dizzy at the moment." Harry said, the world spinning around.

"Oh, Haz... damn. I feel sorry for you. Perhaps I can call the doctor and ask him to come here, but I think you'll need x-rays..." Louis said and rubbed Harry's back to comfort him.

"Our doctor has a mobile unit for x-rays... he can take x-rays at home." Harry stated.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, why don't you rest a bit on the couch, and I'll call the doctor." Louis said.

Harry nodded, his face hurting because of the movement, which made him squeeze his eyes shut.
Louis noticed in how much pain his boyfriend was.

"Aw, Haz... look, I'm going to ice your nose, okay? It won't feel that pleasant, but it will take the swelling away, or at least make it less." Louis said as he guided his boyfriend to the couch.

Harry sat down and Louis put an ice pack on Harry's nose. Then he called the doctor and explained what happened. Not much later, the doctor had arrived and had taken x-rays. Harry's nose was indeed broken, but luckily it was still in the right position. The doctor explained that there isn't much he could do for a broken nose. It just needed time to heal. He advised Harry to take painkillers and to take enough rest. The dizzyness would pass by itself, it was just because of the blood, but nothing to really worry about.

-----
A few hours later
-----

Harry was sleeping on the couch. Today's events had made him really tired. Louis was sitting beside him, gently stroking his boyfriend's arm. Harry was snoring a little bit. Because of the swelling it was quite hard for him to breathe through his nose. That's why he was sleeping with his mouth open.

A little bit later, Harry woke up.

"Hey, Haz. Had a good sleep? How do you feel?" Louis asked, co ntinueing to stroke Harry's arm.

"I'm tired and my nose hurts, apart from that, I'm fine." Harry said.

Louis smiled and soon that smile turned into giggles.

Harry was looking at Louis, a bit confused.

"Why are you laughing?" Harry asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry Haz... I know I shouldn't laugh about it, but... you know it's almost Christmas?" Louis asked.

"Yes... I'm still not getting why you're laughing..." Harry replied.

"No? Well, I was thinking you would make a great Rudolph this year." Louis said with a smile.

"Rudolph?" Harry asked, still not getting it.

Then all of a sudden, Louis started singing.

'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...'

Then Harry finally got it and both of them just burst out in laughter.

----
That night, Louis had given Harry some painkillers, in the hope Harry could have a good rest at night. Louis made sure Harry had enough pillows, so it would be easier for him to breathe.

Both of them fell asleep quite fast. Halfway the night Harry woke up due to the pain in his nose, and he couldn't help but cry.

Louis woke up because he heard it.

"Hey,  Haz... pain?" Louis asked, still half asleep.

Harry nodded sadly.

"Aw, honey. Here, take this, it will help." Louis said as he handed Harry another painkiller.

"Thanks." Harry said, still crying.

Harry swallowed the pill and layed himself down again.
Louis opened his arms and Harry shifted closer, making his head rest on Louis' chest. Louis played with Harry's hair and kissed him on the head.

"Shhh... it's all right love, it's all right... soon you'll fall asleep. Shh... everything is okay, I'm here." Louis said, in the most comforting way.

Harry relaxed under Louis' touch and soon felt how his eyelids got heavier. He listened to his boyfriend's heartbeat and not much later he fell asleep on his boyfriend's chest. It didn't take long for Louis to fall asleep too.

A couple of weeks later, Harry's nose had healed nicely. And on Christmas, Harry made everyone laugh, appearing at the Christmas party, dressed up as Rudolph.