Vertigo (Louis)

Written for @KevinAndBooBear

Louis POV

I woke up feeling really weird. From the moment I opened my eyes, I had the feeling the room was spinning. Or was it me who was spinning? I didn't know. Probably it was just my body giving me a sign that I should eat something. Maybe I would feel better after breakfast. I turned around, wanting to give a kiss to my lovely boyfriend, but he wasn't in bed anymore. He was always the first one to get up. I liked to sleep in, when I had the time. I decided to go downstairs and eat something. Harry was probably waiting for me, like he always did. So sweet. When I stood up from the bed, I was hit by a dizzy spell. I couldn't hold my balance and fell to the ground.

Harry's POV

I was up bright and early today. I took a look at Louis who was still sleeping. My heart melted. He was so cute. I would love to cuddle with him, even maybe more than that, but he was sleeping so peacefully that I decided not to wake him and go downstairs instead. When I was downstairs I started with setting the table. When that was done, I prepared some breakfast. Nothing special, just bread and toppings. I made sure that the toppings were Louis' favorites. He just deserved the best. Then all of a sudden I heard a loud thud. Sounds like something fell down. I ran upstairs to check what it was and found Louis on the ground.

Louis POV

Ow! That hurt. I hurt my foot a little bit while falling down. Not that it was broken or something, but just an annoying, uncomfortable feeling. Stupid dizzy spell, probably got up too fast. I saw our bedroom door swinging open. And there was Harry, with a worried look on his face.

No one's POV

"Louis, boo bear, what happened?"
" I just fell over, clumsy, as always. You know me."
" Oh boo bear. Did you hurt yourself?"
" My foot hurts a little, but it's not that bad honestly."
" All right, be careful with your foot then. Can you stand on it love?"
" Haven't tried yet. I'll try to stand up, just give me a second."
" Take as long as you need love."

Louis stood up slowly, Harry took him by his arms and helped him up. Louis had the feeling that his surroundings were moving again. He nearly fell to the ground, again, but Harry could hold him up.

"Wow..." Louis said.
"Easy love, what's wrong?"
"I don't know, I just feel a little dizzy, like everything around me is moving."
"Oh love... maybe you should eat something. You know what, let's get you back to bed and I'll bring your breakfast upstairs. How does your foot feel?"
"Thanks Haz, well, it doesn't hurt too bad, just a little bit of an uncomfortable feeling, but that'll pass soon."
"Okay love, I'll go get your breakfast and an ice pack, just to be sure it doesn't swell up."
"Thanks Haz, I love you."
"I love you more." Harry said and blew a kiss at his boyfriend.

Harry went downstairs and put their breakfast on a tray. He took an ice pack out of the freezer as well. When he had everything, he went back upstairs.

"Here Lou, an ice pack." Harry said, putting the ice on Louis' foot. It didn't look that bad, it wasn't even bruised.
"Thanks Haz. You're so sweet."

"You're welcome. You're sweeter. Here is your breakfast love."
"Mmmhh... my favorite. You're so thoughtfull. You always know how to make me feel better."
"Maybe that's just one of my many talents." Harry said, smiling.
"Maybe." Louis answered and smiled back at him.

After they finished breakfast, they decided to get up. Louis felt way better after breakfast.

"I'm going downstairs love, I think I'm going for some groceries, there's not much left in the fridge. Wanna go with me?" Harry asked.
"Sure, I need quite a few things myself." Louis answered.
"All right love, let's take a shower first. Wanna come with me?" Harry asked.
"Mmmh... I can't say no to that." Louis answered.

Louis got out of bed. He took a few steps and got a dizzy spell again.

"Haz...!" Louis shouted. Harry was just too late to catch him and he fell to the ground.
"Oh my, Louis! Are you all right?" Harry asked concerned.
"I don't know what it is, I'm just so dizzy." Louis said.
"Maybe we should go to the doctors. This isn't good."
"Haz... I'm sure it will pass."

"All right, just lay down for a moment. But if you have another dizzy spell later today, I'm taking you to the doctors, no discussion."

"Okay."

Louis had been sleeping for a few hours. He woke up to a grumbling stomach. Harry was downstairs, he already went for groceries, without Louis.

Louis POV

I'm so hungry. I think I'm going downstairs and grab a bite. I'm not dizzy anymore, so I guess it's safe to stand up.

No one's POV
Louis stood up. He wasn't feeling dizzy, so he went downstairs. But as soon as he stepped into the living room, the dizzyness came back, worse then before. He was sweating as well and he started to feel nauseous. Harry noticed something was wrong and ran over to Louis. He could catch him just on time. Harry guided Louis to the big couch. Louis covered his mouth with his hands.

"Need to throw up?" Harry asked.
Louis nodded. Harry ran to the kitchen and took a bowl and placed it under Louis. Then Louis threw up. Harry rubbed his back.

"'m sorry." Louis said.
"It's all right love, don't be sorry. I'm calling a doctor now, this isn't good Lou. What else do you have except for being dizzy?"
"I'm kinda sweaty, a bit nauseous and as soon as I stand up, I have the feeling the room is spinning around."
"Oh, Lou... just rest a little okay? I'll make the call."
"Okay, thanks Haz."

Harry had called the doctors and they could come right away.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------At the doctors

"Mr. Tomlinson? Follow me please." the doctor said, as he came to take them out of the waiting room. Harry had to give support to Louis, because Louis was swaying.

"So, tell me Mr. Tomlinson, what are your symptoms?"

They explained everything to the doctor and he examined Louis.
"Mr. Tomlinson, you are having a case of vertigo."
"What does that mean exactly?" Louis asked.
"It means that you get dizzy spells. Having the feeling that you're spinning, but you aren't. You can also get nauseous and throw up. There is not much you can do about it, it'll go away by itself, but I advice you to take it easy today. The best is to stay in bed. It'll be gone in the morning."
"All right doctor, thank you."

Harry helped Louis to the car and went home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Back at home

Harry helped Louis up the stairs and into bed. He place a bowl next to his boyfriend, just in case. Poor Louis.

Harry's POV
Poor Louis. He's so dizzy. I'm going to make sure he gets everything he needs. And I'm going to lay beside him and cuddle with him. I know it makes him feel better. I know he likes it. I like it too. A lot. I like him. His beautiful face, his soft skin. My boyfriend.

Louis POV
I was still dizzy. Harry had helped me into bed and had been really sweet and nice to me. He had brought me tea and some cookies. He went to lay with me and cuddled with me. He's so wonderful.

No one's POV

"Harry? I think I'm going to sleep a little, I'm kind of tired."
"That's all right love, just sleep. But before you go to sleep, I need to ask you something first."
"What is it Haz? Just ask."
"Well, maybe it's not the right moment, but I was wondering... Do you want to marry me?"
"Oh Haz... YES, a thousand times yes." Louis answered, kissing his Haz with a lot of passion.

The next day, Louis was okay again. He was already thinking about what he was going to wear on the big day, even though they didn't schedule the date yet.

I hope you liked it :)