Nasty cold (Harry)

This was a request by Feobol. I hope you like it. X

Harry had been on his very first world tour. Now he was home and he was happy for that. The last few days had been heavy, since he had developped a cold. He wasn't feeling that great, but he had an appointment with his lovely boyfriend. Louis was coming over for a couple of days. Even though Harry wasn't feeling great, he didn't want to cancel. He hadn't seen Louis for so long and he had really missed him.

Harry took a look at the clock. In a good hour his lovely Louis would be there.

He coughed a couple of times. Damn, that was hurting. His nose was stuffed as well. Harry sighed. All he wanted was to go to bed, or lay on the couch. But he had promised to Louis to cook his favorite meal. And that was just the way Harry was. Whenever he made a promise, he would always keep it. No matter how, tired or how sick he was feeling.

Harry walked over to the kitchen. His head was hurting too. He probably got the same cold that one of his guitarists had as well. And that cold, was a nasty one.

Harry opened the fridge and took out everything he needed and placed it on the counter. He started to cut the vegetables into small pieces, cooked the meat and added some water and seasoning. He had to turn around because he had to sneeze a couple of times.

"Ugh... this is terrible." He thought by himself.

He washed his hands and continued cooking. He was nearly done when the doorbell rang.
Harry shuffled towards the door. His legs were feeling so heavy. When he opened the door, he was greeted by Louis and a big hug.

"Oh, love! I'm so happy to see you! I missed you so much. How are you doing love?" Louis said happily.

Harry hugged Louis back.

"I'm okay. How are you sweety? I've missed you too. My god, it has been so long."  Harry said with a raspy and nasal voice.

"Sweety, are you sick?" Louis asked, his boyfriend didn't sound too good.

"Uh, I'm okay. It's just a cold." Harry answered.

"Aw... sweety. Sure it's just a cold?"

"Yeah. Come on, the food is almost ready." Harry said.

Louis went to sit at the table. Harry had set the table really nicely. He went to the kitchen and had to cough a couple of times. He grabbed his head, it was killing him. The headache got worse than before. Louis saw Harry was holding his head and stood up from his chair. He walked over to his obviously in pain boyfriend and hugged him.

"Hey, Haz. Just sit down. I'll fix the rest of the food. I can tell you're not feeling well." Louis said and stroked his boyfriend's back.

"Uh.. okay. It's just a headache, from that stupid cold." Harry answered.

Louis put the food on their plates and thet started eating. They were talking about Harry's tour, when they got abruptly interrupted by another round of very nasty coughs. Harry squeezed his eyes shut, his throat was burning and his head was pounding.

"Aw, sweety. You know what? When we're done eating, you just lay down, and I'll do the cleaning up. You need to rest love." Louis said.

Harry nodded. He just wondered how it was possible that he was feeling so bad because of a stupid cold. And why did he have to be sick, just when Louis was there? Harry just hoped that he would feel better tomorrow, so they could do some fun stuff together.

Harry didn't finish his food. He just wasn't hungry. Louis, on the other hand, was eating as if he hadn't seen a plate of food in three years. But Harry was pleased about it. That meant Louis liked it.

"Not hungry Haz?" Louis asked worried.

"Not so much. I'm kinda tired." Harry said and coughed a couple of times, really loud.

"Go, lay down Haz. Take a little nap." Louis said and kissed his boyfried on his forehead. He noticed it was quite warm.

Harry nodded and grabbed a blanket out of the sideboard and layed himself down. Louis cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes. When he was finished he returned to the living room. Harry was sleeping. He had to feel cold because he was shivering in his sleep. Louis noticed of course, so he took another blanket and covered Harry with it. Harry woke up and sat up with a start, violently coughing. When the fit had passed, Harry put a hand on his chest and moaned. He put a hand on his head as well, the headache was still there.

"Ughhh..." Harry moaned.

"Can I do something for you honey?" Louis asked as he went to sit next to his boyfriend and softly stroked his back.

"Uhm... can I have a pain reliever?" Harry asked.

"Of course honey. And I'm going to check your temperature as well. You feel kinda warm to me." Louis explained.

Harry nodded and sighed. He was feeling terrible.

"Lou... I feel terrible... I'm sorry. I am so happy that I'm finally seeing you again and now I have this nasty cold..." Harry said.

"Don't worry Haz, I'll take care of you. I love you. You always take care of me too when I am sick or when I have a cold. Tell me love, what hurts?" Louis asked, his voice soft and calming.

"You're so sweet Lou. Well, my nose is stuffed, I have a really bad headache, coughing and a sore throat." Harry said sadly. In the meanwhile Louis had brought him a pain reliever and a cup of steaming hot tea.

Harry swallowed the pill and winced at the pain in his throat. It felt like it was on fire.

"Aw, poor Haz. Here is a nice hot cup of tea. Just drink it up and put your head on my lap, I'll give you a nice head massage. It will help with the pain. I'm staying a couple of days so I can keep an eye on you." Louis said. Harry drank his tea and put his head on Louis' lap. Louis started to rub small circles with his fingers. Harry was trying to relax, but then had to sit up again as another round of painful coughs came up. He teared up.

"Shh... Haz. Don't cry love, it will make you feel worse." Louis cooed.

"Mmhh... it hurts." Harry moaned.

Louis patted his boyfriend's back and with his other hand he rubbed Harry's chest. Harry relaxed and layed down on Louis' lap again. Louis continued the head massage and Harry fell asleep. Louis carefully stood up and gently put his boyfriend's head on a pillow. He went to Harry's bathroom and found the ear thermometer. He returned to the couch and put it in Harry's ear and pressed the button. Harry's temperature was a little higher than usual, but it wasn't really a fever. But Louis knew better than anyone else that a cold could make you feel really sick as well. He remembered having a cold like this too last year and that he had been in bed for a week.

A little bit later Harry woke up again and more coughs followed. Louis had given Harry some cough syrup. After a while it seemed to go a little better. Harry had fallen asleep again and Louis had layed himself down next to him. He had wrapped an arm around his sleeping boyfriend. Their body's were really close against each other. Louis just hoped he could keep Harry warm this way. Louis played with Harry's curls for a while, before falling asleep as well.

The next couple of days went a lot like this. Louis making tea for Harry, comforting him when he had to cough and bringing him pain relievers. The best part of is was that he could cuddle Harry all the time. Just hold him. After a few days Harry was on the mend. And in his opinion, Louis' love was the cure for every illness.