Experimental medicine (Louis)

Louis' POV

Harry and I were sitting on the couch. I was snuggled up against him and he was stroking my hair. My head was hurting a little bit. The later it got, the worse the pain in my head. Maybe I could drink something, maybe it would help. I could at least give it a try. I stood up, but my legs didn't want to work with me. I was all shaky. My vision got blurry and I fell to the floor.

Harry's POV

I saw Louis getting up. He was swaying. Before I could react, he fell. His eyes were rolling back in his head. I kneeled down beside him and slapped his face, gently. I got no reaction, but I could feel the heat radiatiating off him. He was running a fever. Where did that come from? He had been fine the whole day, we even went to the park together and made a nice walk. This wasn't good, I knew it. I slapped his face one more time and he opened his eyes. His eyes were full of fear and I could tell he was in pain.

No one's POV

"Louis, hey, love, look at me, what's wrong love? You scared me."
"My head hurts... a lot. Can you switch off the light please? It bothers me."
"Sure love. But first I'm going to put you on the couch, okay? Do you want to sit up, or do you want to lay down?"
"I want to lay down. Mmmhh... Harry? My neck is so stiff, it feels so weird. And I... I'm nauseous too."
"Okay love. I'll get you a bucket, just in case."

Harry's POV

I was worried. This really came out of nowhere, he was just fine an hour ago. I scooped him up into my arms and put him on the couch. I took a bucket and put it next to him. I just had to know if he had a fever. I was quite sure of it, but I needed to know what his temperature was exactly. I went to our bathroom to look for a thermometer. Damn, where did I put that thing again? After a couple of minutes I managed to find it. I went back to Louis and I could tell by the smell that was hanging in the room, that he threw up. When I looked at him, I just knew this wasn't good. I put the thermometer in his mouth and he looked confused at me. It beeped and I was shocked. He had a fever of a 104 degrees. Alarm bells were ringing in my head.

No one's POV

"Boo bear, you're burning up. Your fever is really high, I'm calling an ambulance okay, love?"

"Hmmm... huh? Did you say... something?"
"Yes, I just said that I'm going to call an ambulance."
"No, Haz... don't wanna... dance... m'just tired..." Louis said
"Dance?"

Harry's POV

Louis seemed to be completely confused. He heard me talking, but he didn't hear the right words.

Louis POV

I could hear someone was talking to me, but I didn't recognize the voice immediately. After a while I realised that it was Haz who was talking to me. I didn't really understand what he was saying. I even didn't know where I was, everything was blurry. My muscles were starting to hurt as well and my hands and feet were so cold. I had to tell Haz, but I couldn't bring out any words anymore. It was like as if I had forgotten how to speak. I couldn't form any words anymore. There was a huge amount of fog in my head. I got even more confused. Did Haz ask me something about dance? Are we in a dancing? I see some blue and red lights flashing. It gets harder to keep my eyes open.

No one's POV

The ambulance had arrived and they put Louis on a stretcher. They put an IV into his arm and they check his parameters. It wasn't good.

"Mr. Styles? We have to rush to the ER. If we're not fast it might get dangerous." the ambulance brother said.
"What's wrong with him?" I asked, in a complete state of panic.
"We don't know that yet, a doctor has to examine him, but according to the symptoms he has, we're thinking about meningitis."
"What?!" I said, panicking even more.
"Meningitis, that's when..." the ambulance brother was interrupted by Harry.
"I f*cking know what that is! What do you think I am? Stupid?" Harry shouted, but he regretted that immediately. But they understood.