Ëthia: Chapter 46 ~Prophesied~

Start from the beginning

"After you." Dax said as he helped me in.

"Always so kind." I said back towards him.

The sun was bright, and the day was the perfect warmth, "This will be a good day." I said with confidence.

"I knew I'd win!" Khari shouted as he jumped into the carriage.

"It's only because you're older!" Zaire said with a frown on his face.

"Children," I said with a smile, "Best behavior for the parade."

Zaire climbed into the carriage and sat on the seat across from Dax and I, joining his brother.

"Where is your sister?" Dax asked looking towards the castle doors.

"Probably deciding what to wear." Khari joked, as his brother and him started laughing.

Moments later Ada walked out the door wearing a dress that was fashioned like mine, only it was a light gold color.

Zaire and Khari almost wore an identical attire as their father, the only difference was their father had a gold trim while they had a silver trim.

"Everyone ready?" I asked once Ada was in the carriage.

"Are fighting lessons hard, dad?" Khari said, and looked at his father with his intense dark blue eyes.

"They will be tough, but my children can do anything!" He said with encouragement.

"But all the other boys will be older!" He pointed out, "I'm only eleven"

"You'll just have to show them, Khari" Dax said with a smile.

Eleven years?

Time flew by since the ceremony and life only got better. I had three stunning children across from me. Khari, who was the oldest and very intelligent, looked exactly like his father. Ada, who was a year younger than Khari resembled my mother and her beauty and had stunning dark blue eyes like her brother. And Zaire, who was a year younger than Ada looked like the pictures of my father, though he was only nine, he showed great wisdom and love.

"Let's go!" Zaire shouted with excitement.

People were waiting outside the gates for the parade to start and they were simply wonderful when it was time for us to ride by.

There were dancers, musicians, art shows, firebending, earthbending, airbending, and waterbending, to celebrate the diversity of our colony.

Guards walked beside our carriage and stopped the few people who got much too excited and tried to climb aboard the carriage without permission.

Dax would simply pull me closer and get ready to defend me if needed.

"Don't worry," I'd tell him, "I can handle myself."

"I know, but I'd rather you not risk your safety, My queen."

We were at the half mark and were heading back towards the castle when my eyes were drawn directly to him.

Jarom.

He was squatting down in between two girls who seemed to be around the same age as my girls, he was pointing up at me and the girls screamed with excitement.