Ëthia: Chapter 45 ~Stranger~

Start from the beginning

I turned towards Felicity and gave her a hug, "Thank you so much, you didn't have to do this."

"But I wanted to," Felicity said with a smile, "Now let's get you ready and have your hair tamed"

DAX P.O.V.

"You're going to be a king." My father said for the hundredth time, "You truly have out done all of us."

I turned away from the mirror and looked at my father.

Ëthia had situated my family in some rooms on the other side of the castle so I wouldn't get a glimpse of her until we met in front of the judges.

My father and brother took it upon themselves to help me get ready, despite all my protests, and continued to talk about their shock of how I ended up.

"Father," I said impatiently, "I get it, you're shocked that I'll be more powerful than you, can we change the subject now?"

My father glared at me, "Remember, I'm still your father no matter what."

My brother, Blayze, looked at me with a blank expression, "You don't know how to run a kingdom, little brother."

"Careful." I warned him, "By sun down I'll be your king."

Blayze sat in a chair that was covered by furs and was making himself at home, "Correction, you'll be king of those who decide to stay here from the Tree, I won't be one of them."

My father stepped in between us and quickly broke the situation up, "Knock it off," he started, "Both my sons will be rulers, doesn't matter where, and I'm proud of you both. You need to make sure that you always have a healthy alliance, do you understand?"

I looked past my father and at Blayze, "I can keep an alliance."

My father turned his attention towards Blayze, "Blayze?"

"Of course, father." Blayze slowly admitted.

I turned around and looked back at my reflection.

I wore a blue vest, upon Felicity's request, that was left open so you could see my blue and silver markings on my skin, and blue relaxed pants, Felicity also telling me that Ëthia would appreciate it.

My father walked up behind me and placed his strong hands on my shoulders, "It's time son."

He turned me around and held out his hand, "This was my brother's, he wanted you to have it whenever you decided to unite."

"It's a shell." I said looking at him oddly.

"My brother was a weird man," My father said with a laugh, "But he told me before he died, 'I think your son will have to leave this place to find himself.'"

I hugged my father and then walked over to a table to put the shell on.

By this time my other brother, Dyzek, walked in, "Everyone ready?"

Dyzek and Blayze both wore long sleeve shirts, with a deep "V" cut in the neck, Dyzek's shirt was a calm green, and Blayze's a royal red, accompanied with matching pants.

"I'm ready."

Ëthia's P.O.V.

I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe that it was me looking back.