I enter my room in haste and walk over my closet. Since I'm in a hurry to show him what I got, I pull all the clothes on the top shelf seeking for the thick gift bags I got earlier this week. Thank God for my distorted height, I can't reach them, so I end up getting on a stool to reach out for the bags.

With my hands trembling I make my way back downstairs. Is he going to like it? I walk slowly down the stairs, I should just tell him I didn't get him anything right?

The bag loosely hangs on my fingers. I hide the bag behind me and walk until I am in front of Nathaniel. He looks up at me, a grin forming on his lips.

"Happy bir-" I stop myself a deep blush covering my face with my other hand. "...I mean, merry Christmas!" I add a bit of exaggerated enthusiasm. Nathaniel looks at me with a thrilled face on, he blinks before tilting his head to peek and the gift back behind me.

"Yeah it's my birthday huh?"

I stretch the bag to him. He takes it and examine it looking at me here and there. "It's not much though, just a-"

"Oh my god Elia!" Nathaniel literally gasps pulling the personalized leather watch and sunglasses slot. His name is printed on the top 'Nathaniel' with white bold ink. He looks up at me as I shift uncomfortably. His hands fumble with the box until he opens it. He pulls the silver polarized aviator sunglasses out first and puts them on. His lips turns to a pout as he gazes at me.

"Ain't I looking hot than the word itself?" and it's true, I should accept, I have a very good taste of style. I nod still feeling uncomfortable but keeping a smile on my face. He pulls the watch out at last and looks at it. "You shouldn't have gotten me anything..."

"I wanted to." I tell him. He stands up and walks to me. he pulls me into a tight hug that makes my knees weak. "I love the gift, thank you so much." His hug gets tight. I shriek pushing him off.

"Are you trying to break my ribs?" I laugh.

He cups my cheeks and leans in to kiss me. I immediately kiss him back introducing tongue. Nathaniel moans placing his hands on my waist. He pulls back first.

"You should get ready now, I'm gonna go back home, I'll come pick you up in an hour."

"Let me kiss you for the last time..."

And for the last time ended up having us on the bed kissing and grinding and touching all over. We stop when Nathaniel's dad rings his phone.

***

As anticipated, Nathaniel picks me up about an hour later. The drive to the restaurant is filled with silence, but comfortable one. I look out through the window to see the rain getting heavy.

"I still can't believe it's raining on Christmas!" I groan.

"Well, it's your birthday... what do you expect?"

"Um, maybe snow or something better..." I roll my eyes keeping my eyes outside.

"Well, then I'm sorry."

The restaurant really seems fancy and expensive. I was surprised when I see we have a reservation here, with my name on it too. I guess Leo and Frank really, really, like really wanted me to be here. Walking inside slow and soft Christmas carols ring in my ear forcing a smile from my lips. My eyes widen as I feel Nathaniel take my hand, are we not supposed to be- he is coming out to his dad and Leo! I don't know how I had forgotten about that. I am a bad boyfriend, I should have comforted him or something on the way here.

My guilt deepens when I look at his face, he looks scared and unsure. I tighten my hands on his' and he looks down at me giving me a small smile.

The waiter we are waiting for stretches her had to a beaded entrance. "You can enter in there, have a nice meal."