I roll my eyes and snicker. "No, she's..." "My mom, I guess."

Johnny passes a confused look and I brush it off.

"I saw a hot woman with blond long hair, she's thick... and yeah, younger than that."

"Oh... thanks."

My phone vibrates and I check the message. It's from mom.

Sorry honey something came up, will pick you up from school tomorrow. Mom.

I frown and nod towards Johnny. "Thanks... uh- I gotta go."

"Not getting in?" he asks.

"Yeah."

Elia is doing what he said he will be doing, his assignment. I try the door but it's locked, typical Elia.

He unlocks the door and I get in.

"That was fast."

"I guess I was a bit late, I'll see her tomorrow though."

Elia nods and puts his books away at the back seats. "You checked inside?" he asks starting the car.

"Uh uh. She texted me."

The ride is silent, but comfortable. I try to destruct myself by looking out through the window. Mom. At least I have her number now. I can call her and tell her about everything, I can tell her about school, the drama between Garry and Xander, I can even start by apologizing for the last day we part, I was shaken and scared. But now, I think I am alright.

I can tell her about Elia right? Will she freak or be proud of me? Of course, to a certain extent she will blame all this on my dad. I chuckle when I think of this.

"What's going on in your head?" Elia ask still looking at the road.

"mine?" I chuckle. "Just- my mom, I'm wondering if I can tell her about us." I wait for Elia's reaction, but it doesn't come. He just shrugs and nods.

"Does your grandparents know?" I ask. He scoffs making a sharp turn. "I will never tell them, I know they will not accept me as gay, so rather, I will let them take me to school and college then I'll disappear from their lives." For a moment I find it funny, but I realize Elia isn't joking. He looks at me then back at the road.

"Why would you do that?"

"I have to be happy huh?" that's all he says. I let it slip for now.

"We- are- here." Elia drags every word. "Want me to walk you?" he asks already pulling off the keys.

"Yeah."

Straight after super, I run to my room and called my mom. I am s excited, to talk to her, to tell her we should spend the holidays together since Elia is going to Italy on the 23rd, I even want to tell her about El himself, she has to know at least something. I can tell her we are close friends right now and the rest on new year's, since she promised I will move back with her before. Maybe that's what she wanted to tell me!

I ring the new number, pacing the room with excitement, but as soon as it was answered I froze.

"Hey, who the fuck is this!?" a slur voice answers. I pull off the check the number to see that it is the same number mom used.

"Um, I need to talk to Delilah Zake." I simply say.

"You are?" the voice is more controlled now. "Huh?"

"Tell her Nathan wants to speak with her."

The man shouts. "Dee, some boy called Nathan wants to talk to you!"