Freezing Night

"Focus on something you want. Like a cheeseburger or something." Lucas ordered. I sent him a look.

"Just because I don't hate you anymore doesn't mean you can act like my Father." I said. Lucas smirked.

"I've been telling you what to do since the last day of school." He reminded. I rolled my eyes and blushed slightly.

"Aww! She's blushing!" He snickered. I smiled evilly and an axe materialized in front of me. Lucas took a step back, staying silent.

"Thought so." I said triumphantly. He shook his head.

"Alright so you're definitely Light fae, and seeing how you have so many types running in your blood that could explain why you can learn spells and do magic so easily, the magic is in your adrenaline or the reflexion part of your brain." I nodded to the jumbled mess of words he lectured. "Hey...why do you have the lighter?" Lucas asked, the caution evident in his voice. I shook my head.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you. It has a mind block enchantment." I said, staring at the ground.

Alex! Need to talk to you for a sec! I thought, picturing his face and sending the mental message out to him.

You mean think to me? This can't be good...but okay. I scowled at his reply.

"What are you doing?" Lucas asked.

What type of fae am I? I asked Alex, ignoring Lucas. Even after a while Alex didn't reply. I creid out in frustration.

"Fog, calm down." Lucas said, putting his hand on my arm. I shrugged him off and started to pace, throwing my hands up into the air.

"You're so stupid!" I exclaimed. Lucas gave me an odd look, mixed in with anger.

"What the hell did I do?!" He yelled back. I looked at him, shocked into silence.

"Not you." I finally said, going back to pacing. Lucas grabbed hold of my shoulders.

"Enough. What. Is. Bugging. You." He said each word seperately. I placed my head on his chest, feeling dizziness swirling in my head.

"I was talking with someone but they won't answer me." I growled.

I don't know, don't be mad, Queen. Alex finally replied. I sighed, sinking to my knees.

"This is too much to take in. I need...a break? I don't know." I started talking to myself. Lucas shook my shoulders roughly.

"Look at me." He ordered. I looked somberly into his eyes. "You. Are. Fine. Slow down. Take a deep breath." He said. I shook my head, looking down again.

"There's no time to slow down. I can't-" My voice cracked, and I gave up trying to talk, focusing on breathing.

"There's always time." Lucas murmured. I looked up at him and he was staring at me with so much emotion I couldn't tell what it was. His hand reached for mine, but he pulled away, and I looked at the sky, hiding my disappointment from him.

Then he sat by my side and wrapped his arm around my waist. Exhaustion swooped through me and I leaned against him, my eyes drooping.

"It's so cold." I said, trying to spark up a small fire above my hands. Lucas tightened his grip around me.

"Sorry. Side effect of freezing time." He mumbled. My eyes shot wide open and I jerked away from him.

"Why'd you freeze time?!?!" I yelled. He looked out at the night sky, just like I had done. "What are you hiding?" I asked suspiciously, backing away from him. Lucas's head snappped to look at me so fast if anything was in his was it would be exploded on his cheek.