Betrayal

I punched Eli in the face and watched as he stumbled back.

"You're not Eli." I growled. He looked hurt, taking a step towards me.

"Fallon? What are you saying of course I am! Why'd you do that?" His voice was soft, pained.

"Fallon?! What happened?!" I heard Devon's voice echo down the hallway. Eli took another step towards me.

"What'd you do?Why'd you get him?!" He sounded so sincere.

"You're not Eli." I pressed, leaning forwards from the wall, basically pleading.

"I AM!" He exclaimed, grabbing  hold of my waist. "Why don't you believe me?" I looked into his eyes again and they still weren't their normal color.

"Eli? What happened?" Alex and Devon rounded the corner and I inched towards them. Eli tightened his grip on me, but glared at Alex.

"Take a step closer and I'll pound your face in." He warned, letting one hand slip from my waist. I took the chance to run full speed towards my friends.

"It's not him he's possessed. His eyes are a deep deep red."

"He's long past possessed, Princess." Devon snickered. I furrowed my eyebrows and tipped my head to the side.

"What are you talking about?" Alex snorted, trying to hold in his laughter.

"Nice job, Eli. Let's go, Queen." He said, shaking his head and grabbing my arm. I pulled away and glared at them.

"What the hell is happening here?!" I exclaimed. I felt breath by my ear in a matter of heartbeats.

"You're being betrayed." Eli's voice whispered. I turned to him, my heart missing a beat.

"W-What?"

***

"Stop fighting, Fallon!" Alex yelled, pulling me further into the forest. I squirmed and tred to rip myself out of his grip, but he wouldn't budge.

"Let me go!" I screeched back. Devon shoved me, making me stumble forward.

"You're not going to be in any more pain then you've already experienced. Sorry, Devon. You didn't get your turn. I don't understand that whole Casey scenario though, it should've been you." Alex stated, a smirk growing on his face. "Her emotions and reactions are so funny, so cute." He whispered. I fell to my knees, forcing electricity through me to Alex. He jumped back, and I ran full speed away, away from the defective-eyed traitors.

"Fallon, wait!" Alex cried. It sounded like he was sorry, like he had just angered me on accident and I had stormed off, angry. Oh, he had done way more than that, and I wasn't angry, I was upset, and hurt. I pumped my legs faster and bolted from the people I had trusted with my life.

"Queen Sorceress!" He yelled and I stopped for a second. He sounded so sincere. I wiped away the spilling tears, remembering all the times I had spent with him. And Devon memories too. Eli's betrayal didn't hurt that much, it just confused me. I climbed to the top of a tree, forcing fire to lick at the bottom of the trunk and deepening the shadow around the tree up until my little safe spot.

Looking out at the scenery, I remembered the first memory I could recall of Alex, with Devon.

"No fair! You cheateted!" Devon pouted. I shook my head vehemently.

"Nuh-uh! I finded you fair and square!" I protested, glaring at him. Alex pulled on his brother's arm.

"Come on, Devon. It doesn't matteter." He tried to convince him. I put my hands on my hips.

"I founded him for the first time, and I didn't cheated!"

"Yes you did!" Devon screeched, pushing me. I stumbled backwards and hit my head on the tile floor of their kitchen. I ran away to the boys' room and cried my eyes out, hiding under one of their cribs.

"Fallon?" Devon asked carefully. I slid back further under the crib and continued to bawl.

"Now she's mad and hurted. You shouldn't have pushed her." Alex mumbled. Devon's face appeared across from me, and I struck out my hand to hit him, succeeding in hitting his nose. He scrunched up his face, but grabbed my hand and tugged at my arm, trying to get me to come out.

"Leave her alone, Devon." Alex said. I looked down to see the three of them staring up the tree. I hoped they couldn't see me. "There's no point in trying to get her when she's just as powerful as us." I jumped through the trees, swinging myself on the thicker branches and swooping low to get through tight fits.

High in an oak tree, I started weaving walls around me from the bendy young branch sprouts. I pulled on one, trying to make it fit into my work, and it lengthened, more leaves growing from the wood.

"Cool." I whispered in awe, a tear slipping out of my eye. I couldn't get over the betrayal.

How could Alex do that? I understood Devon. I was just some girl from his early childhood. I could understand Eli, he only just met me a couple of months ago and we never really spent that much time together until the dating thing. But Alex was my best friend since almost literally birth.

I wove a wide room around myself and used my tie to tie myself to the tree, this time the knot in the front.

Pulling the knot tight, I felt a piercing pain in my arm. I looked over to see the wound from the hag had reopened. Biting my lip, I hit my head against the trunk as tears slid down my face and black-gunk rolled down my arm.

"Damn. Betrayal hurts more than I imagined." I said, digging my nails into the bark and smiling a little. "Screw you, Alex, Devon, Eli. Screw everyone. Screw the world. Screw my life."