Ëthia: Chapter 40 ~Bear Village~

Comenzar desde el principio

This wasn't just a village, this was the village where Jarom and I got our bears.

"What is it?" Seviah asked walking up to me.

"T-This man," I began slowly, "This is the man that Jarom and I got our bears from." I paused, looking down at him, his eyes closed and his lifeless body just lying there, "I told him that I would repay him for his service to me, and now look."

My vision went blurry with the tears that so quickly consumed me.

Before I knew it, I was crying loudly.

I was wailing.

I was wailing for the people who were innocently taken from this world.

I fell to the ground and just let tears, pain, anger, and sorrow, take control.

I cried for Jarom, and Jarom's family.

I cried for Seviah and her loss.

I cried for Kiara, who was gone.

I cried for the women who tried protecting their children.

I cried for the fathers who tried protecting their families.

I cried until my body didn't have anymore tears to give me.

My green dress was soaked with the tears I cried, and I quickly dried my dress with my waterbending.

The man's body was still lying there, my tears weren't bringing anyone back, that's something I learned a while back ago, tears don't bring anyone back.

Seviah rested her hand on my shoulder and I rested my hand on hers.

"It's not fair that you have to be the strong one." Seviah said, "But you have to be, you have to do it, so this never happens again."

I stayed resting on my knees for a while before Seviah helped me up.

Once on my feet she brought me in for a hug, "I know it seems impossible," Seviah said, "But you will find happiness."

I hugged Seviah a little tighter and then let go.

Dax was standing in between the bears looking over at us.

He gave me a little smile and motioned for me to come to him.

"What?" I said, standing in front of him.

Dax didn't say anything, instead he brought me in for a hug and held me there.

I couldn't lie, there was something about the way Dax held me, it made me feel protected, it made me feel safe. The way his arms locked in place, the warmth of his chest, all of it, it felt good.

I let go of Dax and jumped on my bear, "My castle is about a day away, we should get going."

Dax nodded his head and jumped on his bear.

I looked at Seviah who was looking past me, "You ready, Seviah?" I asked trying to get her attention.

Seviah slowly raised her hand and pointed behind me.

I turned around and saw a huge group of people standing there.

"Who are they?" Dax asked me.