Ëthia: Chapter 37 ~Familiar~

Start from the beginning

"Tyrus is the guy who helped us sneak into the palace, he knew all the places and how to navigate through the tunnels." Dax explained.

A sound came from the entrance and instantly we all took our fighting positions.

"Who could that be?" Whispered Ivan.

"I have no idea." I said quietly.

Footsteps, belonging to more than one person, came down the stairs.

'Maybe it's the Earthern Territory guards?' I thought to myself.

"Ëthia?" A familiar voice questioned.

Tyrus' face showed up and instantly I ran up to him and hugged him.

"You're alive!" I exclaimed as I embraced him.

Tyrus began laughing, "Yes, Yes I am alive, why wouldn't I be?"

I let go of the hug and looked around his place, "It looks like you haven't been in here for ages! Where have you been?"

Tyrus rolled his eyes, "After you escaped and got on that ship they stepped up the patrol in this forest for a few days, the guys and I thought it would be safe to just stay in town for a while, we knew no one would find this place."

"Then how did you know we were here?" Dax asked while going up to give him a hug.

"The whole town can see the smoke from the water, just so happens that some ships were attacked, I figured only you guys could pull off something like that."

Dax and I laughed, it felt good to have a familiar face around.

Tyrus looked back at his guys and back at us, "My guys want to know why there is a dead guy on your bear outside?"

"I'd rather not, not right now." I quickly stated.

One of Tyrus' men then asked a question of his own, "What happened to Jarom? When is he getting here?"

It was almost like a stab straight to the heart. It was odd, I hadn't forgotten Jarom, but I had pushed him back so that he wasn't taking over my mind, and suddenly with just one question he came flooding back into my mind.

"Ëthia?" Tyrus asked.

Words wouldn't form from my mouth, all I could do was try everything to fight the tears.

Felicity stepped forward and helped walk me back to one of the bedrooms.

"I'm sorry, Ëthia." Felicity comforted as she rubbed my back, "Only time will help."

I rested my head on her lap and once more I let tears just fall from my eyes.

DAX P.O.V

"What happened?" Tyrus asked after Ëthia left the room.

I coughed and cleared my throat, "Jarom didn't make it."

"Make it?" Tyrus asked with bewilderment. "What happened?"

I signaled for Tyrus and the rest of us to go back up outside so we could continue the conversation.

"So, what happened?" Tyrus asked again.

"We've had these assassins chasing us for a while, and they finally caught up to us."