Fifty five

The trip to Europe has finally come to its end. I'm kind of sad because we're leaving all this amazing and beautiful cities but also happy as hell because I can't wait to get back home.

We're all at the airport waiting for our flight to be called.

"I want to go with daddy" Dylan tells me.

"No, I want to go with him" Kailani snaps.

"Both can go with him" as I told them this. Their faces lit up in excitement. I guess they will never get used to his presence and will never stop admiring and adoring him the way they do. I hope they don't. He's such a good role model for them and I'm so glad that he is the father of my kids, I wouldn't have liked anyone else to be, I don't think anyone else could be as perfect at parenting as he is. They giggled and kept playing with each other until our flight to Toronto was called.

"Shawn?" He placed his phone into his pocket and looked at me. Again on his phone "Your turn" I glanced at our kids and he nodded, understanding that they wanted to go with him now.

"Come on, guys" he offered one hand to each of them and they happily grabbed them.

"Turns out you'll be sitting with me, then" I heard Teddy's voice at my back. I looked over at her and she was grinning. I smiled back and nodded.

"Bet you couldn't have gotten better company" she chuckled at my high self esteem and we headed to the gates and into the airplane.

Shawn was sitting in the middle of it and Teddy and I got seats at the back of the airplane, way too far from him and our kids.

We took our corresponding seats, I had the one next to the window, sometimes I get stressed while flying and looking out the window relaxes me, weird, I know. I leaned my head on it and closed my eyes. I am really tired and I hate the fact that I'll be jet lagged when we get to Canada. Fuck time zones.

"Hey, apparently I'm sitting with you girls" Geoff said and I opened my eyes to see him.

"Cool, join the party" Teddy said and I chuckled softly.

A couple hours after we took off, Geoff was already snoring next to Teddy, I turned to look at her and poked her shoulder. She took off her earphones and gave me all her attention.

"What's up?" She whispered, not wanting to wake up Mr. Snoring.

"Shawn wants to get married" I snap. She gasps, maybe I took her off guard?

"He proposed already?" She whispered-yelled.

"No no, he hasn't, but I don't know if I want to marry him"

"What the fuck? Even I want to marry him"

"What? Hey, you're my friend and that's weird, don't make those comments about my man" I moved uncomfortable in my seat.

"You know what I mean" she rolled her eyes "Why don't you want to marry him?" I shrugged.

"I don't know, it's a really big step and I'm nervous. Isn't he okay with things being as they are now? And I mean, we're still too young to get married"

"You have two beautiful, amazing kids together. You guys live together, you literally are a family, you love each other so much, this is just a way of formalising your relationship. You know how scared he is of losing you, he can't go through that again, he couldn't bear it, he's told you this, you know how much he loves you, he adores you actually. Maybe this is his way to feel sure that you won't go away. Why are you doubting it?"

She's right, I don't even know why I'm doubting about it. Am I really scared to get married? Holy fuck Kaylee, you're insanely in love with that man with hypnotising eyes, silky hair and lovely smile. Cut the bulshit!