Eighteen

You left me drowning in my tears
And you won't save me anymoreI'm praying to God you'll give me one more chance girlI'll be there for you, these five words I swear to you

=====

It's been two months since Shawn announced to his fans that he is the father of my kids and sometimes I can't help to feel uncomfortable in public when someone looks at me as if they knew all my secrets and sins, and even though I'm staring to get used to it again, sometimes I wished Shawn had never come back. I'm glad that my kids are happy to be with him, but I miss my privacy, though he asked to his fans for respect and space for me and my kids, they still go crazy when they see me in public and that's something I'm not a big fan of. The fact that he came back into my life caused to take away my privacy and it's really uncomfortable for me, but I have to suck it up since i told him that I was okay with it and now I can't do anything about it, I just gotta get used to it.

Lately I've been very -very- distant with Shawn, I'd tell him I have work or I'm feeling sick just to avoid him, when he comes to pick the twins up and take them somewhere he asks if I want to join them and I'd tell him that I've cramps or just not in the mood, whatever excuse he buys so I stay away from him as much as I can to keep me away from drama as well and I'd say that I'm okay every time he asks if something is wrong. I understand that it's kind of rude from me to do that, but I need some time for myself to understand what is really going on with my feelings and if I am ready to be seen with Shawn in public, and I'm not talking as in a couple way, but since we have two kids in common and have a kind of friendly relationship, there are times that we've seen together in public.

I'm in my room getting ready while Shawn is taking a nap in the living room and the twins are watching TV.

"Kaylee!" I hear Shawn yell and I jump in my place.

"What's wrong?" I say coming into the living room.

"You tell me" he turns to face me and points at his face. I laugh hard when I see his face covered with my makeup.

"It actually suits you" I tease him and I hear my kids laughing at my back.

"Tell them something!" Shawn complains like a five year old.

"You're mature enough to defend yourself, Mendes" I kep on laughing and he pretends to be mad, but he couldn't hold his laughter any longer.

"Don't ever do this again" he points at Kailani and Dylan and they nod, still laughing a little.

"Go wash your face and then we can go for some Mexican" I push him away and he walks to the bathroom, following my orders.

"Oh, I like the glitter. You look nice, Miss Mendes" Lena teases him when they meet in the hallway.

"Thank you, trying new things is always good" he says sarcastically.

They used to get along really well and thankfully they arranged their differences and they are friends again.

"I would invite you to eat dinner with us but I know you're going out with Geoff" 

"You're right, but have fun. Even though it's not possible to have a really great time without me" she says with a superficial tone.

"Not all the world revolves around you" I laughs at her.

"Whatever" she rolls her eyes.

"I'm done" Shawn says five minutes after he left.

"Okay, let's go" I say and grabbed my jacket.