Fifteen

If we'd go again

All the way from the start

I would try to change

Things that killed our love

======

"Text me when you get home" I say to my mum and she grabs my kids' small hands as they walk out of the apartment.

"Sure, don't worry. Have fun tonight" she smiles at me and I blow her a kiss.

"We love you, mum" Dylan says as he waves at me.

"I love you more, be nice to your grandparents, okay?" They nod and smile at me and then I close the door.

I look at the clock, six twenty p.m. Cool, I have enough time to make myself presentable.

I decide to take a shower again, first because I feel sweaty from work and second, because it'll relax me.

I take my time and get out of the shower twenty minutes later. I wrap myself in a towel and use another one for my hair.

I walk inside my room and head to the bedside table to grab my phone and played some music. I play "Acoustic Afternoon" on Spotify and then head to my closet to choose an outfit.

I go with black jeans, a grey shirt with long sleeves and a pair of white converse. I don't want to dress too warm cause then it'll be too hot being surrounded by too many people.

I head to the bathroom once again, I remove the towel from my head and hang it in the back of the door to them blow dry my hair, then I apply some mascara on my eyelashes and blush on my cheeks. By now, I'm ready and it's seven forty five p.m, I just have to wait for Shawn to arrive.

I sit on the couch, my hands are sweaty and I'm moving my legs nervously as I check the hour on my phone every two minutes.

Okay Kaylee, breathe, it's just Shawn, stop acting like a sixteen year old. Grow up.

I was so into my thoughts that I frightened when I heard a knock on the door.

I stand up from the couch and walk shyly to the door. I take a deep breath and open it.

I freeze when I see Shawn all dressed up. Nothing too special, but still he looks really good, wearing his typical black skinny jeans, a white shirt and an olive green jacket.

"Hey, uhm, you look really nice" he clears his throat.

"Thank you, you look good too" I smile at him and he blushes.

"Yeah, we should get going" he says and I nod.

I close the door at my back and Shawn extends his arm to me.

"Madame?" He says kindly but with a little fun in his voice which makes me laugh a little.

"Merci beaucoup, Monsieur" I say as I grab his upper arm and we walk together to the lift.

The ride to the venue was quite entertaining, at first there was this tension that could've easily been cut with a knife and the talk was so short and cold none of us knew exactly what to say apart from "The weather's cool" or "Are you cold? Do you want me to turn on the heat?", but as long as we gained confidence, we started to sing and make jokes all the way to the arena until we got there. I forgot how funny it was to spend time with him.