Twenty five

"I just need to go quickly to the mall" Lena yells, annoyed at me.

"But why do I have to go?" I say with the same tone.

"Because you're my best friend and I need you to come" she jumps a few times on her place, begging me to accept her request. She's acting like a kid and it's honestly annoying.

"Need or want?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Both, now come" she grabs my hand and pulls me to the entrance of the apartment and heads to my car.

We get in and I drive the twenty-five minute ride to the mall.

"So why are we here?" I ask as we walk in.

"Because I'm having dinner with Geoff and his family tomorrow night and I don't know what I'm wearing so we'll see what I can find" she squeals and I sigh.

"Tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"It's my birthday" I say obvious.

"But you never celebrate it, why are you complaining?" She shrugs.

"Good point" I sigh once again.

We look for a good outfit in at least ten different stores and thank god she found something she liked.

"Look, there's 50% off on makeup and free try" she squeals. I like to go shopping, but I don't get as excited as her, I'm actually annoyed since all I wanted to do is watch movies and eat chocolate to ease my cramps. Yes, I am on my period and moody and Lena is honestly just adding to it "I actually need some eyeshadows and I think you need some too"

"You know I don't wear makeup" I look sceptical at her.

"You know I don't care" she smiles at me and pushes me inside the makeup store.

"Hey, may I help you?" a smiley woman says to us.

"Yeah, Uhm... Katie" Lena says while reading her name on her shirt "My friend is having a special dinner with her fiancé later tonight but she sucks at makeup and won't let me teach her how to do it, do you think you can help us?" She explained-lied to the woman in front of us.

"Sure, follow me" she points at her back, where I spot a chair, a table and multiple eyeshadows, lipsticks, mascaras and more. I didn't know there existed so much makeup. I'm sorry for being kinda tomboy.

"What is this for?" I whisper to Lena.

"Free makeup try" she smiles at me and I roll my eyes. She wouldn't give up on her goal to see me with a well done makeup.

"For my dinner with my fiancé?" I ask sarcastically.

"Shut up and walk" she pushes me from my back.

I walk to the table and sit on the black stool while Lena goes to walk around the store.

"So, dinner with your fiancé, huh?" Katie asks kindly.

"Apparently" I chuckle.

She starts to put makeup on my face while talking to me, most of the time I only nodded cause she was the talkative one and I was just the listener.

"And you're ready, Miss..." she waits for me to say my name.

"Oh, I'm Kaylee" I smile at her.

"Girl, let me see you" Lena squeals and I turn to face her "You look amazing!"

"I feel like a prostitute" I say emotionless.

"What? Why?" She frowns her brows.

"It's too much makeup for me, I never get further than mascara, blush and lipstick" I say funny.