Twenty six

"You have to come, there's no option!" Shawn begs me for the hundred time in this hour.

"But I have noting to wear" I  pout.

"That's not a problem, we can go shopping" he smiles at me.

"No, I don't want you to waste your money with me" I sigh.

"Again, that's not a problem" he rolls his eyes "This is the freaking VMA's, I can't go there alone" he's literally begging me at this point.

"You've been going alone for years" I say with a funny shurg.

"Woman!" He slaps is forehead with his hand, tired of my stubbornness.

"Okay, fine. I'll go" I roll my eyes.

"Yes!" He squeals and kisses my lips, taking me completely by surprise.

"Let's go, we don't have too much time" he holds my hand and walks to the door. I laugh at his childish behaviour and his nervousness, the awards will be in five days and he's rushing me already.

"Wait" I get rid off his hold.

"What?" He frowns his brows.

"What about the kids?" I point at my back and look funny at him.

"Oh right, they're coming too" he laughs "I'll go get them" he pecks my lips and walks into the hallway, heading to the twins' room. Shawn's happiness and excitement could be noticed from miles away and it made me happy that he was happy.

Two minutes later, he appears holding them by their hands, one kid at his sides.

We walk to his car and then he drives us to the mall.

It started to get really crowded as some fans spotted the four of us when we enter the mall. Oh here we go.

"Don't get away from your mother" Shawn says to the kids pushing them at me and they nod "Go to any stores and look for a cute dress, honey. I'll be right back" he smiles at me and now I nod. He walks to his fans, smiling at them. It's so cute how after all these years he still gets tremendously excited and happy to meet his fans. Yup, he's still the Shawn I used to know.

"Why are there so many girls around my daddy?" Kailani says, I could notice jealousy in her voice and also the fact that she grabbed my hand tighter. Damn, she's six and already this jealous, poor of her future boyfriends...

"Remember I told you about your father's job?" I hunker down and look at them.

"Yeah, but what about them stealing my dad?" She frowns her brows and I laugh.

"Those are his fans, people who support your dad in the best way, and they are just happy to see him, they won't steal him from you, they're just saying hi" I explain them.

"They better not" Kailani says. I didn't know she was this jealous. Dylan laughs at her.

"Take it easy, Kai, you still have me" he tells her sister. He can be really protective over her, even though they're the same age.

"Come on" I grab their hands and we walk together to a big store and start to look for a dress for me.

Okay, but how am I supposed to look good when I'm surrounded by tons of beautiful women with beautiful dresses. Just thinking about how I might be out of place makes me feel anxious.

Forty minutes after looking around the store and making faces every time I looked at a dress, Shawn arrived next to me and started to help me look for any dresses I might like.