Fifty two

Three weeks later...

Kaylee's PoV:

"Do you have everything?" I asked to my kids.

"Yes, I'm ready for tomorrow" Dylan smiled at me and I gave him a high five.

"No, I can't find Mr. Cuddles, where is he?" Kai looked at me alarmed. Mr. Cuddles is her favourite teddy bear, Lena gave it to her when she was born and since then she hasn't slept without it.

"I gave him a bath, darling, he's drying"

"Will he be ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes, don't worry"

"But who am I supposed to sleep with tonight?" She looked at me worried.

"What about Scrump?" I pointed at her Lilo & Stitch doll and she shook her head.

"She's whatever, nothing can replace Mr. Cuddles" she made a pout. I know how much she loves her toy but the cold weather didn't help it dry in time for her bedtime.

"No no, don't cry. I'll see what I can do, alright?" She nodded and rubbed her eye, cleaning some of the tears that came out of it.

I went out of her room and walked to the clothes line to check on Mr. Cuddles, who was still soaking wet and getting him into the drying machine is not an option since it can ruin.

I groan in desperation because I know that getting Kailani to sleep tonight won't be an easy task.

"Hey, what's up?" I heard Shawn's voice at my back making me frighten.

"You dickhead, don't ever do that again!" I hit his chest and he chuckled "I'm checking on Mr. Cuddles"

"Should I be worried?" He looked weirdly at me and then his eyes went to the teddy bear hanging on the line and then back to me again.

"Of course not, it's Kailani's"

"Uhm, congratulations" he said, not really understanding why I was so frustrated for this.

"Stop the sarcasm, I'm in crisis, okay?"

"I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what's going on?" He furrowed his brows.

"Look, she adores that thing and she can't sleep without it, not kidding, and I washed it earlier today and it hasn't dried yet"

"Just put it into the drying machine" he shrugged and reached for the toy but I slapped his hand away.

"No! It will ruin"  I said obvious and he whispered an 'oh'.

We walked to the twins' room to tuck them in bed as we usually do.

"Dyl, lets go to bed, come on" Shawn told to our son when we were crossing the living room to the hallway. He hoped off the couch and walked with us to his room.

"Mummy, what happened? Is Mr. Cuddles alright?" Kailani looked hopeful at me.

"Yeah, he's perfect" I gave her a fake smile.

"Yeah, perfectly soaked" Shawn said. I discreetly hit Shawn's arm and our daughter gave us a confused look.

"What?"

"He won't be ready until tomorrow, I'm sorry" her lip stared shaking and with that tears ran down her cheeks.

"Come on, Kai. It's no big deal, he'll be okay tomorrow" Dylan tried to comfort his sister and she shook her head.