Fifty three

Shawn's PoV:

"Hey, babe" Kaylee called me and I looked away from my phone to look at her "Can I borrow your phone? I need to call my mum and my battery died" she shrugged.

I hesitated. Lena will send me pictures of some flowers in any minute and I don't want my phone to be in her hands when I get them.

"Sure. I don't want to be rude, but can it be quickly? I am expecting a very important call" I handed her my phone.

"Yeah, it won't take too long, don't worry. Meanwhile get ready for your interview" I nodded and handed her my phone and she walked out of my dressing room.

It took her barely two minutes before she came back in.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, why?" She shrugged and sat on the couch.

"I don't know... your vibe... it's not you. Talk to me, what's wrong?" I took a seat next to her and placed my hand on her knee and caressed it softly with my thumb.

"Seriously, babe, everything is fine I'm just jet lagged as hell" she chuckled.

"Okay" I gave her a smile, letting her know I believed her "How's your mum?"

"She's good, thank you, and she wishes you luck even though he doesn't need it" she mocked her mother earning a soft chuckle from me.

"Aw thank you, she's been always really sweet with me"

"Well, you're the son she never had" she shrugged.

"That's because she could've never had a son as awesome as me" I said proudly.

"You are so full of yourself" she playfully hit my upper arm.

"Come in!" I answered to the person who knocked on the door.

"Are you ready, Mr. Mendes?" A lady asked and I shook my head.

"Just five more minutes, please" she nodded before closing the door again.

"Why didn't you get ready when I told you?" Kay said.

"Oh no, you're not using your mother voice with me, woman" she laughed at me. I stood up from my place and walked to the vanity.

"Can you help me put this thing?" I grabbed some makeup and looked at it as if it was from another world.

"That thing is called powder, you uncultured egg"

"I adore how romantic you are with me sometimes" I rolled my eyes at her and she laughed.

It took her just a few minutes to help me put that powder on my face so it doesn't look shiny and sweaty, even though it's a radio interview they film it and post it on YouTube, I don't want to look all sweaty and stuff, then we walked out of the dressing room and headed with the interviewer.

"Do your best" she quickly pecked my lips before I walked to my seat in front of the microphone and get ready for the interview to start.

A couple minutes later into it, I could hear my phone rang, I looked for it in my pocket to silence it but I didn't find it. I saw kaylee walked out of the room and answered it.

Please don't be Lena.

"Shawn, is everything alright?" Charlie, the interviewer, snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm sorry" I chuckled.

"So, the album, it's most likely happy this time, does it have to be with your life?"