Forty three

"I only told the moon, tonight up on the roof
I told her that I'm scared that all my thoughts they look like you
I only told the moon, about the way you move
I asked her to please tell me if you tell things to her too
That I give it all to you..."

Kaylee's POV:

"I'm so sorry" I turned to see Cameron's bleeding nose.

"It's okay" he gave me a small smile.

"Come on, I'll clean that" I walked to the bathroom at the end of the hallway and he followed me there. He sat on the edge of the tub and I grabbed the medical supplies from under the sink.

I grabbed a piece of cotton and wet it with alcohol to clean the small cuts under his nose, even though that's not what was bleeding the most. I tried to ignore his blue eyes that wouldn't stop looking at my brown ones, even though I was fully concentrated in cleaning his wounds.

"Thank you" he said when I threw the cotton into the trash can.

"I'm not done, yet" I said grabbing a piece of gauze and rolling it. I plugged it into his left nostril that was bleeding and carefully pushed his head to the back "Stay like that until it stops bleeding" he nodded.

"Are you mad?"

"Yes, well no, I mean I don't know" I sighed.

From one side, I felt something weird inside me at the moment he crossed that door, like my body wanted to  hug him so tight until my arms fell off my body; but from another, I kept remembering how he left me at the hospital the day my kids were born, all the pain he left in me, the depression he made me go through and the fact that he laughed at me when he cheated on me repeatedly, I just got eaten by anger all I wanted to do was punch his face until my knuckles bled.

"Why?" He furrowed his brows.

"I just don't know" I lied. I didn't want to explain all my confusing feelings for Shawn, if it's that there are some left in me for him.

"How did you do it?"

"What?" I looked at him.

"How didn't you at least slap him? You looked so angry I was scared that you would've punched him"

"I don't know, Cam" I sighed.

"You don't want to talk about this, do you?"

"Not really" I shrugged.

"Oh, sorry for bringing it up"

"It's okay" I walked closer to him and pulled out the gauze from his nose "I guess it's alright now" he smiled and stood up from the tub.

We walked to the living room again and I saw the photo frames that were still all over the place. My stomach turned and I rolled my eyes, I'll get rid off those later.

"Darling?" Cameron called me.

"Yes?" His voice frightened me and made me come back to reality from the memories of Shawn and I that were threatening to come to my mind.

"Woah, are you alright?" He placed his right hand on my left shoulder and looked to my eyes.

"Yeah, don't worry"

"Okay" he said unsure but still he continued talking "Look, I have to go to Vancouver to take care of some family stuff, my grandma is not doing well and I wanna visit her"

"Oh, how long will you be gone?" I looked at him with puppy eyes.

"I don't know, it could be a couple days or even weeks maybe" he shrugged "But it's really important for me to be there"