Fifty one

Shawn's PoV:

"I can't wait to see your mum" Kaylee told me. She and my mum have always been really close, sometimes Kay would come to my house and completely ditch me because she would prefer to hangout with my mum. They'd talk and laugh for hours about -who knows what-,  she was like a second mother to Kay and also a good friend and I adore the idea of them getting along so well.

"She misses you a lot, she won't stop asking me about you nor talking about how amazing you are and how much she loves you" I looked over at her and she gave me a small smile "Whenever I do something like, I don't know, eat breakfast she comes up with 'Oh, I remember when Diane always came over for breakfast before you guys went to school...' or something like that, and I'm always telling her that you're not Diane anymore, sometimes she doesn't care" I shrugged.

"Aw, that's so sweet of her. I miss her so much too"

I pulled over in front of my parents house and hopped out of my jeep.

We walked hand in hand inside the house and headed directly to the living room, where usually our kids are either playing or watching tv but this time there was only Aaliyah.

"Shawn, hi!" my sister said and stood up from the couch and walked to me.

"Hey, Elf" I teased her and gave her a tight hug "I missed you" I told her sincerely, I haven't seen her since I got back from tour and I'm glad she was here now.

"Kaylee, hi" She said smiley to my girlfriend and then they both embraced each other into a tight hug "I knew about your accident and I want to tell you that I'm so sorry that you had to go through that" Aaliyah said when they pulled away and grabbed Kaylee's hands "I am so glad you are okay now"

"Thank you, Liyah" Kay called my sister by the nickname she gave her when we were younger.

"How are you though? How are you feeling?" They walked to the couch, excluding me totally from their conversation.

"I'll go upstairs to grab my things and our kids" I said but they didn't pay attention to me "Maybe I'll also jump off the balcony" I tried to get their attention.

"Shawn, do whatever you want but let us talk, it's been a while since we last talked and we have to update" Aaliyah told me and now I did feel offended. I huff and walked to my mum's room to say hi. Since when did they become so close?

"Mama" I called her when I entered to her and my dad's bedroom.

"Bathroom" I heard her and went to the bathroom and found her styling her hair. "Hi, buddy" she said with a smile and I frowned my brows because of her nickname but brushed it off.

"Hey, mum" I pulled her into a hug.

"It's not that I don't want you here, but what are you doing here?" She stopped doing whatever she was doing to her hair and gave me her attention.

"Well, first of all I came to get the twins, where are they?"

"Oh, they went to the store with your father. They'll be back any minute" I nod at her "Where are you taking them?" She asks curiously.

"We'll talk about that later" I say "Now, I want you to come downstairs, I brought you a surprise" I smirk and she furrows her brows.

"I swear if it's a puppy your dad is going to kill you. He doesn't want any pets now"

"It's not a pet, mum" I say funny "Come on, you'll love it" I walk out of her room with her following me.

We make our way downstairs and head to the living room where Aaliyah and Kaylee were still so into their conversation they didn't even hear us come.