Twenty nine

Two months later...

Kaylee's POV:

"Have you packed everything already?" I ask to Shawn while running my fingers through his fluffy curls. His head resting on my lap and his eyes looking staright into mine.

"Yes, I finished packing earlier today" he sighs "I don't want to go"

"Why not? It's been a while since you last went on tour"

"Not that long, a little more than a year, but I don't want to leave you and our kids. I mean, I do want to go back on the road because I miss it like fucking crazy, but I'm also going to miss you so much" he makes  a pout and I caress his right cheek with my left hand.

"We'll still FaceTime all the time" I say, trying to comfort both of us.

"It just won't be the same" 

"I understand that, but it's better than nothing"

"Well, you're right"

"I always am" I shrug and he rolls his eyes funny "So, when are you leaving?"

"At midnight, I have to be at the airport around 9.00 as it's an international flight"

"Where are you going first?"

"United Kingdom" I laugh at him "What?"

"Nothing, you just made it sound so fancy when you could've just said England" he chuckles at me.

"I'm also going to Scotland" he says in an obvious way "and Ireland."

"Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom, only Northern Ireland belongs to the UK. England and Scotland are Great Britain while Ireland is an independent country."

"Woah well, thanks for that geography lesson, anything else I should know?" he sarcastically tells me.

"Shh" I slightly hit his head.

"What was that for?" 

"For using that tone with me"

"Oh my god, you already speak like a mother" he says funny.

"It's your fault" I defend myself.

"What? Why?"

"You made me a mother" I say obvious.

"Oh fuck. Well, touché"

The afternoon went fast, faster than I would've liked it to, and Shawn's time to leave arrived.

"I have to go now, babe" Shawn says as he stands up from the couch.

"No" I make a pout and grab his hand to pull him closer to me.

"I'll be home sooner than you think" he sighs "I'll go say goodbye to the twins"

"I'll drive you to the airport" he nods at me and we walk together to their bedroom where they're watching tv.

It hasn't been an easy task to tell the twins that Shawn had to go but at the end they understand that this is his job and what he loves to do. He promised he will be back soon and they'll spend a lot of time together. I just hope he stays tru to his word.

"I love you, daddy" Kailani says as she wraps her arms around Shawn's neck.

"I love you too, princess" he kisses her forehead.

"Can I go with you?" Dylan asks.

"If you come with me, who's going to be the man in charge to take care of them?" Shawn points at Kailani and me.