55 - Back to square

Writer's pov

Time was 8 at night. It was dinner time at Rajveer's house. Everyone were silently having their dinner except Rajveer's mother. She was talking about random things where no one listening to her other than Aleen. She was forced to listen everything that her mother in-law was uttering.
Meanwhile someone called at Rajveer's phone and he attended it.

" I don't have any........ But listen to me....... What ? Okay okay I will be there " he cut the call and stood from the chair inbetween his dinner.

" Veer what happened ? " His dad enquired.

" Nothing dad something urgent came up. I will be back soon " said Rajveer.

" Atleast finish your food Veer " said his mom .

" No it's ok " he soon went out with his car.

Rajveer's car stopped infront of  house gate. There was a police vehicle and some neighbors were crowded infront of the gate. Rajveer quickly went inside with a panicked face and inside he saw Divya , his ex wife was sitting beside two lady police officers.

" Divya ... " He called her name softly.

Divya looked at him with a tearful eyes and ran towards him.

" Thank you so much for coming here. I was really afraid " said Divya while crying miserably she was tightly hugging him . He slowly released her grip on him and made her sit on the couch.

" Inspector sir what happened ? " Rajveer enquired.

" Someone attacked your wife inbetween robbery . She was for trying to stop them. Some money and her few jewelleries are missing other than that you wife is injured " said inspector.

Rajveer looked at Divya and he was right her forearm was bleeding which was temporarily covered with a peice of cloth.

" She gave us your number and said you are the only one she knows" said the inspector.

" I am her ex husband. " Said Rajveer and he stood there confused.

" She is very much afraid to file a complaint and that's the main reason we called you. If you don't mind please sign here instead of her. " He was hesitant but still he signed the forms. Divya couldn't recollect much what happened there so after getting the sign police left from there.

" This is not the first time you are living alone then how can you become so careless. You should have closed the doors and windows properly " Rajveer sat beside her and said.

" It was all of sudden and I was shocked Raj. I am sorry for disturbing you at this night. You can leave " Divya stood from the couch wiping her tears but suddenly fainted into Rajveer's arms.

" Divya .... Divya .... .. " he tried to wake her up but she was unconscious. He quickly scooped her in his arms and drive straight to a nearby hospital.

After consulting with duty doctor she seemed fine and her injury wasn't serious.

" It's nothing to get worry she was just shocked that's why she fainted . Take some good rest you will feel better " said doctor and leave them alone at casualty.

" I have paid the bill you can rest here for this night. There is nothing to get afraid of here. take care. " Rajveer was about leave where Divya hold his hands and stopped him.

" Don't leave me alone here. I am afraid " Rajveer looked at Divya pathetically because he was confused about what to do with her.

" Aleena try again , since his phone is ringing probably it should be in silent mode " said Gayatri . It's going to be 11 at night and till now Rajveer didn't came back. As a mother she was tensed and Aleena was trying to call him.