29 - House visit

Aleena's pov

Morning after everyone left for office I went to Aadarsh's house. As Jennifer said it took only twenty minutes to reach their place which was a colony like ours. After every steps my heart beating went faster and faster. Asking with many peoples finally I found his house and was shocked because it can't be called as a house  cattle shed may be far better than this. It was an old house not a house just a room with four walls and a  roof with asbestos . Windows doesn't have any frame which was covered with plastic sheet.  As I said it's a colony there wasn't any fence and the main door was just a metal peice which can fall down after a strong wind. I really wondered is this  the house that I was searching for ?

I knocked on the door and after knocking for many times a girl who seems to be eighteen or nineteen appeared .

" Who ... ? " She asked with a doubtful face.

May be I wasn't prepared for that question and I couldn't say anything .

" Who is there Arpita ? " I heard someone's sound from inside .

" Don't know maa " she shouted from the door and  again looked at me for my reply.

"I ... I ....... I am  ...., I am Aadarsh's friend " some how I made up with that . She knitted her eyebrows and stared at me.

" Bhayya... is no " she tried to say something which I already predicted and I stopped her.

" I know , I know about him that's why I came to visit his family " I said.

" Come in " she invited me to their house. For the first time I am at his house , he once promised me that he will bring me to his house and will introduce his family for me. But only difference is that today I am alone Aadarsh wasn't with me.

Aadarsh's mother was busy doing something at kitchen, it can't said to be a  kitchen  because bedroom , living area , dining area were included in a single room and the kitchen was set-up ed at a corner. Comparing to this the house where we are staying found to be a decent one before I thought ours was the worst.

There was a  girl  in her 15 or something liying on a single bed and she seemed to be sick. After gazing at the whole room I found it , photo of Aadarsh hanged on wall with a garland around it. Even in photos he is handsome as seeing him alive that smile anyone can go crazy for which I fell. A jolt of electricity ran through out my body along with a pain inside my heart when I thought about my past with him. For some reasons I am responsible for his condition and the poverty haunting around this three poor souls.

" Here , milk wasn't there so I thought black tea would be fine but there wasn't any sugar , I hope you won't mind with the water " his mother forward me a glass of water which I hesitantly received from her.

" How do you know Aadi ? It's been going to be a year till now no one visits like this and all of sudden you .. " she asked me with a curiosity.

" Ahh we met at Indian embassy in USA . Even it's bit late I am sorry for your loss " Everything was lie, I came to apologise to them for what I have done and here I am liying them.

" This house ... " I looked at the roof , sun glares were entering into the room through some gaps of roof.

" Rented place , we owned one before  but last month bank ceased it because we couldn't pay back the loan amount. " From her face it's evident that till now she doesn't recovered from her loss , ofcourse she can't it was her only son and the pillar of their family.

" A loan ? " I asked doubtfully.

" Before he went to America , we took a loan by keeping our house as mortgage . He was really a nice boy and responsible son for me . He studied well and when the job offer came without thinking for once he went there. I also didn't stopped him because he told me that he can apply for future studies there and once he is settled he wanted us to go with him. Everything was going well until that disastrous day.
Whom my son offended that they did such a hedious thing to my only son . Thanks to God and that great person who atleast sent back his body to us " just after saying that she burst into tears and her elder daughter , Arpita tried to control her.

" What ? You got the body ? Who sent you the body ? " I was surprised to hear that because from what I know since there wasn't any guardian the body cremated at public cremation centre. Also without a guardian embassy can't sent a body alone to other country . Also it needs many paper works as well as money because he was killed and it wasn't any suicide or accident.

" That we don't know . We got to know about his news only after we got a call from police station and you can imagine at what condition we would be at ? It was bayya's friends with whom he went to work brought his body from  airport " said Arpita while wiping her tears.

" He said that he got a job at office and he doesn't even wanted to go out even  for buying food. Then what kind of office work he got that he was  killed by a gun. What kind of company is that who will kill their workers with a gun. " His mother showed her all frustrations which she was bearing for an year.

" They even sent a cheque with huge amount written on it but ... " Arpita looked at her mother.

" I burnt it with his body. How can they set a price for my son's life . How could they even think about repaying my son's life with money. If I had accepted that money then Aadi would have never forgiven me . " Said his mother.

" Do you know how much amount it was be ?" I asked.

" I don't remember exactly but it will be more than fifty lakhs or something " said Arpita. I was really surprised for a second . Who should have sent that much of amount to them ? Is it Alex ?
No way !

" Then how you guys are living now ? " I asked while looking at the girl on bed.

" I am going for some house works at day time and she is going to a shop at night . Someone Always have to be be with Arushi she is sick " said mother.

" What happened to her ? " I enquired.

"Heart problem , she needs a surgery for her heart valve.  It was Aadarsh's only aim  to make money and do her surgery . Now looking at my child's face I can't even breathe properly " she looked at Arushi and began to cry.

"Money is always a problem . Her name is last on the list who needs the surgery at government helping scheme , we can only wait for our turn still we need money " Arpita said and sighed heavily.

" What about you ? You are not going to college ? " I asked.

" I went once , I took commerce but I couldn't even complete my first semester , without paying exam fees and semesters fees no one will allow to students for free " she said with a smile , it wasn't a smile put a pain of a girl who lost every hope in her life.

" Aadarsh has helped me once when we were at USA . Actually not once many times but I wasn't able to repay him back, aunty consider this as I am paying back my debt " I hand some money towards his mother's hands. She doesn't allowed me to do but after insisting for many times she received it.

...

When I left their house it was like another stone kept on my heart which was already bearing one. If she comes to know about who am I?  then she will definitely spit on my face but I think it's better to be like this atleast she received my money. This is not even that filthy  money I used before  but my hard earned money which I can proudly give them . Aadarsh would have never forgive me if I gave his family that filthy money .

Thinking about from what his mother said they really don't know what kind of job he was doing at USA . He lied to them that it's an office work but one thing was true he really applied for marketing course and he always attended the classes whenever he got time. I have seen Anjali giving her marketing books and even one laptop for him. She really helped him for his studies even in busy schedules. I shouldn't have interrupted with him then within this time he should have achieved many things in his life and his family would have been living a good life.

One thing that haunting me was who should have sent his body to India ? Did that same person sent them money or someone else ? It's more than fifty lakhs , such a huge amount who can give that ?  In our circle only few peoples know about him. Anjali ? No way why she will give that much money ? also during that time she was in a  miserable condition.

Readers Readers,

I really hope you are enjoying the story. May be it will be boring but please endure it .

Today there will be two / three chapters updation back to back .

So enjoy , like, comment and please let me know your suggestions

Always be mineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara