End

"Tch. Your boyfriend amuses me."

In the midst of me laying all snuggled up comfortably between my two yuujin, I scowled as Sora arrived, lifting the darkness and shining upon us an unwelcome light. The two yuujin growled at the light, tensing up at her arrival.

"What?" I said hazily, having been out of my wits for a while now. Ever since Sora had last left, I had become quite drowsy, but not enough to the point where I could actually fall asleep. I felt like I was hallucinating sometimes, or like I was somewhere in between reality and the dream world. Either way, I was gone as fuck.

"Your people seem to think they've outsmarted me, but they forget who I am," said the spirit pompously, turning her nose up in the air. "I have the energy to go on for days at this rate."

"Yeah, cool," I said mellowly, waving off Sora's words. I didn't know what she was talking about, nor did I care. I just wanted to sleep. I had no energy to do anything else.

"When I'm done with them, I'll come back and deal with you," said Sora sourly, shooting me a look of disdain as I turned over and rest my head on my yuujin's body. "All three of you."

"Cool."

Obviously miffed by my lack of caring, Sora scowled before the room was plunged into darkness once more, leaving me and my yuujin to rest in peace.

"What was she on about?" I mumbled under my breath, relaxing as I felt an overwhelming peace take hold of me once more.

***

"Well, what do you know! The high and mighty Sasuke Uchiha finally decided to tap out!"

Daybreak had since fallen, yet Sora had shown no sign of quitting just yet. After what seemed like an eternity of trying to knock her down, Sasuke had had to give up his attack and return to his squadron, bruised, bloodied, and burnt. As he did so, he received nothing but looks of awe from the shinobi around him; so far, he had been out on the battlefield the longest, performing a feat so unheard of to many.

"Whatever, Naruto," scowled Sasuke as he trudged towards the medical tent, having had to swap over due to his tiredness. While Sora hadn't managed to injure him severely, battling it out with her for hours on end had taken its toll on the Uchiha, both mentally and physically.

"Uchiha-san, please! There is an airbed over there for you," directed the medical nin sitting in the tent, who had long ago finished tending to the shinobi who had went before Sasuke. Not having to be told twice, Sasuke dragged his feet along the ground as he headed towards the desired bed, collapsing onto as soon as he could.

For him, walking out of a battle like that without a proper winner was inconceivable. Not only had Sora not killed him during his weakest moment, he felt that he hadn't even scratched the ice with her. However, he was glad that he had leapt up at the opportunity to battle with her. The longer he fought her, the easier it became for him to realise that she was not Tera. It may have been Tera's body, but whatever else remained of the Kurotsuki was no longer there.

Still trying to catch his breath as he looked up at the white tent top, Sasuke's mind was just as frazzled as his body. No doubt he had almost totally depleted his chakra reserves, to the point where he felt like he was on the verge of passing out.

"Fuck," he mumbled to himself, closing his eyes as he struggled to steady himself. "How can she do that?"

Knowing full well that he needed to be out there in the case of Sora weakening enough for Tsunade, Karin, Kannon and Itachi to deal with, Sasuke lazily looked towards the medic standing at the entrance of the tent and called out, "Hey. Wake me up when something important happens."