Vessel

Before they even announced their presence, I felt someone was there.

"Hello?"

Prior to the unknown person's arrival, I had been lounging around on the ground, still in complete darkness. When I grew tired of being conscious, I found myself going to sleep, but not for very long. I wasn't sleepy per se, but seeing as I had nothing else to do, I found that sleeping did pass time. I wasn't hungry or thirsty- I was just really bored. And I found that so definitely strange. Me? Not hungry? Something must've been up. And, well, I was pretty much right.

Sitting up cautiously, I glanced around to gauge where this unknown figure was. Unable to do much in this darkness, I hadn't been bothered walking around just in case I hurt myself trying to. However, now that I felt this new presence near me, my instincts told me to get up. So I did.

"Hello? Who's there?"

I called out once more as I held out my arms, taking baby steps as I attempted to maneuver my way around safely.

"We meet at last."

The voice that speaks is soft and feminine, catching me off guard. I had no idea who this was, but I assumed it was an Uchiha. What other cold blooded being would keep me locked up in solitude and darkness like this for, quite possibly, days on end?

"Yeah, cool," I said snappishly, still trying to feel my way around for anything of significance. "What do you want, Uchiha? Where are my children?"

The woman let out a dainty laugh at my words, irritating me even more.

"Uchiha? My, my, Amaterasu, I had thought you were a clever girl. I must have been mistaken."

"If you're not an Uchiha, then what are you?" I asked curiously, now trying to figure out a new way of fitting this mystery woman into the equation. Who else did I know hated me this much?

"I'm the owner of the chakra which you have kept so wonderfully for me over these last several years," said the voice sweetly, making me blink and stop in my tracks.

"Huh?" 

Although the answer was as clear as daylight, it still took my brain a while to process.

"You're Sora?"

"The one and only. Personally, I'd like to thank you for managing to keep my chakra as long as you have. Any normal person would have been overwhelmed by it."

"Uh, you're welcome?" Still shocked, I found it hard to comprehend what was happening.

"Wait... if you're here... where are we?"

"Ahh, I assumed too much when I said you must have been a clever girl," sighed the faceless Sora, making me scowl at her condescending tone of voice. "My mistake."

"Look, lady, just answer my question!" I snapped, getting sick of her evasiveness. "What have you done? Where are my children?!"

"That Yukata girl was much too weak for my liking," said Sora. "Any longer in her and I would've gone mad. She tried her best to resist, and I applaud her effort. But at the end of the day, she couldn't handle it."

"What are you saying? Did you control Yukata and use her as a way to get to me?"

"I used her as a way to get in to you. Surely you don't believe that where we stand now is a physical plane?"

"Quit with the mind games and tell me what's going on," I said more forcibly, clenching my hands into fists at my side.

"It's really no fun if I tell you everything," sighed Sora, who was now starting to piss me off even more. "But if you're really that ignorant, I guess I will. You are no longer in control of your body. It's nothing but an empty shell that follows my every command. It's my body now. And I will do whatever it takes to erase your being from it, to make my life easier."

I was perplexed. So right now, at this moment... was I a prisoner in my own body?

"Yes, you are," affirmed Sora gleefully, as if reading my mind. "Your body is just a prison, where I shall deal with you as I see fit. It is nothing more than my vessel."

"If this is about your chakra, you can have it!" I yelled. "Take it! It's yours! But you can't have my body! Go and make your own!"

"Trust me, if I could, I would," she scowled. "Nothing works in this damned realm of you humans. My original body was destroyed years ago, and clones don't possess the same quality as a human's. I was a fool to let down my guard so easily- to hell with your ancestors for making me live my life as a drifting, lost spirit! Bastards, all of you!"

I had a lot of questions on my mind, but I knew that at a time like this, grilling Sora for answers didn't seem like a good idea.

From what I could gather, Sora had somehow managed to take control of my body, and now I was my own prisoner. That meant that whatever she was doing in the physical world, she was doing as me. Which meant that if she was killing people... long story short, I was killing people.

I gasped, horrified at the thought of hurting anyone while I was unable to control it. Yes, it was my body inflicting the damage, but none of it was under my control... was I guilty? Partially, probably. Whatever I was, all I felt was sickened and distraught. What if she'd already hurt Shisui or Ayumi, and I was none the wiser?

My stomach twisted into knots at the thought of it, and it took all my willpower not to burst out into tears of anger and exasperation on the spot.

"What... are you trying to achieve?" I finally managed to ask through gritted teeth, my eyes stinging with tears as the thought of my children being unsafe became a very real reality in my mind. If I had hurt either of them, regardless of whether it was Sora's doing, I wouldn't ever be able to forgive myself.

Sora chuckled.

"What I should've done when I first came to Earth."

And just like how it had been when she arrived, when she left, I knew.

I couldn't fathom what was going on.

All I could do was hope that everyone out there was safe. If Sora did anything to anyone out there that threatened their lives... I could never forgive myself for allowing her to use my body as an instrumental part in it.

I didn't know who I was more worried about- I tried not to think about it too much, because if I did, the list would just be too long.

With a choked sob, I dropped to my knees as I came to terms with my predicament. For once in my life, I had no idea what to do. I was alone, weak, and powerless, all in my own body. What was I meant to do? How was I meant to fight against Sora? I hadn't even been able to tell that I wasn't in control of my body anymore. I didn't know what to do.

And I couldn't do anything about it.