Collision

"What the hell is this woman on?!"

Gaara was unsure of how much time had passed since he and the Konoha shinobi had entered the fray, but trying to contain Sora was like trying to drown a fish in water. From beside him, Naruto's exclamation was enough to make him see just how desperate their situation was, and it had gotten to the point where Tsunade had had to call forward more of her shinobi who had been stationed at the village.

"I thought we only needed a few of us to do this!" yelled the Uzumaki as he wove hand signs, trying to make use of the opportunity at hand. A few meters before them, Sora was occupied with Neji, Kakashi and Hinata, but even then it was a losing battle. The three on one assault meant nothing: she was still standing tall, almost effortlessly withstanding all their attacks and returning the favour tenfold.

The area around them had been completely desolated; even though it had basically only been sand upon their arrival, there were now deep holes and remnants of fire scattered around the battlefield, with medical nin rushing back and forth to the aid of those who had been unfortunate enough to be struck down by Sora. Out of the hundred who had been tasked with keeping Sora from reaching the village, a vast number of them were being tended to on the side, yet were still at risk of being caught out by her.

"Naruto! We have to make sure she doesn't get to the medics!" yelled Gaara as he saw Sora catch sight of a medical nin who was trying hard to hastily heal one of his wounded comrades.

"HEY! OLD LADY!"

Naruto screamed at the top of his lungs as he jumped before Sora , briefly distracting her from the vulnerable ones. This gave Neji, Hinata and Kakashi time to regroup, with Gaara and Tsunade joining the planning.

"Kannon made this sound a lot easier than it actually is!" hissed Tsunade, the severity of the battle already showing on her face and body. "How are we meant to seal someone we can't even touch?"

"We have to wear her down," said Kakashi, glancing over his shoulder as he watched Naruto create multiple shadow clones. "It's going to be tough."

"We're running out of shinobi, but we can't risk losing more before the Uchiha attack," pointed out Neji as Kiba and Akamaru stood as back up for Naruto, before being joined shortly afterwards by a couple of others.

"Hey, duckbutt!"

The group all turned at the sound of Naruto yelling out yet another name, and were shocked to find that none other than Sasuke had arrived, and he didn't look very happy.

"What are you doing!"

Upon his arrival Sasuke immediately launched himself before Sora, fighting off the shinobi who had been trying to attack her- Naruto included.

"You were meant to be looking after her, idiot!" snapped Sasuke as he furiously weaved the signs for another jutsu, aiming it directly at his friend. "What are you doing?!"

"Sasuke- ARGH!"

Before Naruto could warn Sasuke, Kakashi had leapt forward and knocked the Uchiha out of harm's way, tackling him to the ground as they both narrowly avoided being burned to death by one of Sora's massive fire jutsu. The little session Gaara had been having with the other Konoha shinobi disbanded, and they all returned to the main battle, standing their ground.

"Oh, how fun!"

Everyone perked up as Sora spoke for the first time, laughing at the array of shinobi gathered below her. She continued to levitate in the air, eyes scanning hungrily over the crowd as she searched for her next victim. It was Tera's voice, but the undertones of sheer coldhearted cruelty weren't hers.