Chapter 60

Maddie's POV:

I paced back and forth, constantly rubbing my sweaty hands on my black dress. Charlie soon walked out next to me, throwing her arm over my shoulder.

"So I just had a talk with Dan about the set," she told me a eyebrow raised.

I have her a faint smile and she playfully shoved me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to sing an original song as the opening," she questioned slightly sad I didn't tell her.

"Well it was kinda a surprise," I said.

"For me," char said shocked, starting to jump up and down.

"No." Once I said this she instantly stopped jumping and looked disappointed. "For Niall," I added and her face took over knowingly.

"So this is your-" she started but I cut her off with a yup.

"Clever," she smirked and I laughed at her, a shiver going through my body.

"Nervous?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I mumbled kicking my feet. I mean, this performance literally decides my future career. If Niall doesn't forgive me then I will have to leave, and be the bigger person. Taking another deep breathe I grabbed Charlie's shoulders and pulled her close to me.

"Char," I whispered and she nodded. "You have to make sure Niall is watching the performance. If he doesn't, then this was all a waist of time." She nods and does some weird solute thing but I just ignore it.

"You can rely on me, he will be here even if i have to get Liam to drag him in by his feet," she told me before walking off to start her job.

Looking around the stage one last time I looked over to Carl who was giving me a thumbs up.

Well, here goes nothing.

~

~

~

"Hello," I said waving out to the crowd. The crowd started to scream, some being good, some not so much. I guess the rumor about Zayn and I must have gotten out by some of the stuff they were saying. Shaking it off, I walked up to the mic stand by the piano, taking the mic and walking back to the front of the stage.

"Shhhh," I said into the mic while doing hand gesture to be quite.

Once the crowd got quite enough for me to speak I did.

"So, to start of the show tonight I wanted to sing a song that a wrote," I told them as some cheer escaped but I shhed them again.

"I wrote this song about someone who means a lot to me," I said turning around to see if I could see Niall, I found him sitting in between Harry and Liam, Char keeping a eye on him like I asked her.

"I know that I'm not perfect, and I'm sorry for that," I mumbled now mostly at Niall. He was now completely looking at me, and we held eye contact for a second before looking back to the crowd.

"So, here it is," I mumbled walking to the piano and setting the mic back.

"This is Perfect," and with that I started playing the piano.

(Here I recommend you play the song Perfect by Hedly. And just because we say we write it in the book, all right goes to the original writers of the song. Okay enjoy)

Looking straight at Niall I started putting my whole self into it. "Falling a thousand feet per second, you still take me by surprise. I just know we can't be over, I can see it in your eyes." Looking up from the keys I saw Niall looking at me.