We Do the Mannequin Challenge, and Loki Wants a Sleep-Over

"Ugh... I'm soo bored." Frigga lay spread eagled on the throne room floor. Axel was fiddling with some kind of instrument that Loki had got him. Loki was laying across the throne like some kind of diva. I was leaning on the throne chipping my nail polish off. We looked like one of those "act natural" pictures. Of course, none of us looked very natural. "While Mikaela's down for a nap, there's absolutely nothing to do."
"If I remember correctly, Frigga, Mikaela and Rune are only four months old. Meaning that if you could remember what you did five months ago, you wouldn't be bored," Loki said while staring at the ceiling. It was pretty interesting.
"I was in bed all day throwing up," I stated.
"I had to spend all my waking hours with Axel because you two forgot us while Mother was pregnant with my baby sister...and brother. And I had to listen to that infuriating thing squeak because Axel's not good enough to actually make it sound good."
Either Axel wasn't listening and it was just a coincidence, or it was just to annoy his sister, he blew into the instrument as long and hard as he could. Frigga grimaced and clapped her hands over her ears.
Loki sighed. "Fine, don't take my advice." He sat up sharply. "Hey! We could go riding!"
All three of us groaned at the exact same time. I put my hand on his shoulder. "It's not that we don't like riding, or that we don't like spending time with you. But we literally were out for four hours yesterday. I'm going to be saddle sore for a whole week."
He slouched back down. "Fine." We sat around for a few more minutes. I had to agree with Frigga, however. Hearing Axel play an instrument that looked like the unfortunate offspring of a saxophone and a trombone for a solid nine months would get really annoying.
Loki perked up and I saw that he would make us spend time with him, whether we liked it or not. "What if...you each got your own horse?"
Frigga popped up so quickly, I was worried for her energy level for the rest of the day. "Yes! I was wondering when you'd say that! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the day I'd get my own horse! Can I have a white one? Can I ride him or her whenever I want?" She kept talking, but I kinda blocked her out.
"Axel, would you like that?"
"Yeah, that'd be cool."
Loki beamed. He always liked when he got his way. "Alright, let's go." He grabbed my hand but I stood my ground.
"I already have my own horse, remember?"
"Oh, right, yeah."
"Besides, I have to stay here in case Mikaela and Rune wake up."
"Oh." He sounded utterly heartbroken.
I put my hands on my hips. "I think you'll survive thirty minutes without me. I'll still be here when you come back. And we literally have sleepovers every night. And you can take me out on a date whenever you like. And we're married. Those are our children you're taking with you."
"Alright! Okay, have fun doing boring stuff without your family."
"Hurry up and spend time with yours."
Loki huffed, and led Axel and Frigga (now brainstorming names for her new horse) out to the stables.
They came back even happier than when they left. Frigga had been upset at our "lack of selection" our stables offered, even with our whole herd, and had to settle on a not quite pure white horse. She had named her mare Jasmine and had vowed to come back later to decorate her stall.
Axel picked an iron grey stallion with black splotches in his mane. He told me he was thinking of naming him Eagle (since "Father doesn't know what an eagle is, so he won't get so mad about it being sorta related to Captain America. Besides, it was a cool name"). I laughed at how my children could be such stereotypes.