I Lead a Two Person Parade

Clip, clop, clip, clop is a very accurate description of what a horse sounds like when walking. I had thought it was cartoonish, but it was true. A beautiful cream colored stallion was being led to me, saddled and groomed already. Loki stood next to me, holding the reins of his own dark coated mare in one hand.
"He's a beautiful boy," I sighed happily as the horse nuzzled my shoulder. "I brought a treat for you, my new horse, you." I pulled out an apple from my pocket and allowed the horse to grab it out of my hand.
Loki pulled himself into the saddle, watching me carefully. The stable groom handed the reins off to me and cleared his throat. "Do you require assistance to-"
I slid my foot in the stirrup and swung myself over onto the stallion's back. "No, I think I'll be fine." I turned to look at Loki. "What? I've ridden a horse before." I gently kicked my horse to urge it forward and I led us out of the stables.
Loki trotted up to me, slowing his horse to match my pace. "Where did you learn to ride?"
"My grandparent's ranch," I said. "We would go riding all over. They live in Idaho, you know. Very scenic. Beautiful."
Loki didn't know where Idaho was. "I'll just have to take your word for it."
"Where are we riding off to this fine afternoon?"
"I thought we would stay in the main kingdom today. Not going too far."
"So you want to show off today? Okay, I can do that." I smiled at Loki and he rolled his eyes, but smiled too. He acted like that a lot, pretending not to care, or to be ahead of the moment, but he was secretly dying of laughter. It made it a lot more fun to tease him. I sat up taller on the back of my horse. "My horse needs a name, huh? You need a name." I bent over in my saddle and stroked the horse's neck.
Loki sighed. "He doesn't need a-"
"Beau!"
"Excuse me?"
"Beau, his name is Beau. You can't just not give your horse a name."
"Forgive me, your Majesty. I must not have been thinking straight," he jokingly said.
"You're never thinking straight, mighty king of trickery."
Loki accepted the 'complement' without much humility.
"Oh, I forgot! We were supposed to be showing off." I wished Beau knew how to strut, but I guess he was my horse, and was exactly like me. And therefore, couldn't strut.
Loki had absolutely no problem with that, sitting up higher, holding his chin up, but still looking down, giving him the air of "I'm so much better than you." He was good at this showing off stuff. I regretted not wearing more formal riding attire, so it looked more queenly. I soon found that I wasn't the kind of person to strut unless I had a reason to. Maybe when someone acknowledged, "there's the Queen!" Or when Frigga said that I was nothing like the Evil Queen from Snow White, or when Axel told me that playing "Captain America" was no fun without me as Peggy Carter. Or when Loki told me-
"I adore you, Olivia."
There was my reason to strut.