Remeber That Problem? We Solve it

Two days before the wedding, Loki got me a gift. I was admiring my reflection (we had practiced my hair for the big day) when he knocked on the open door. I saw him in the mirror and smiled.
He waltzed in with something behind his back and stopped behind me. We both gazed at each other's reflections before I stood up and turned around. "Yes?"
"I have something for you."
Now, I always like to pretend that I am a very mature woman, but I always love getting gifts. "Ooo! A present? I don't have anything for you."
"That's alright. This one is overdue anyway." Loki pulled out a plain white box from behind his back. "Open it."
I did. Inside was a silver ring with runes etched onto it. I put it on immediately.
"It, uh, was my mother's."
I glanced up at him, and then back at the ring. "Loki, that's so sweet."
"I also may have solved our little aging problem."
I froze and my heart skipped a few beats. "You didn't..."
"No, I didn't give away my soul. I found something else. Instead, we're kind of sharing it. I don't know exactly how it works, but I do know that neither of us is going to end up shriveled and barely alive. And you don't have to worry about what would happen if I died and you didn't. The magic will continue to sustain you...  and, uh, anyone else."
I smirked. "Anyone else?"
He shuffled around on his feet. "You know, any smaller versions of us that may, uh, come around in the future."
"Loki, those are called children."
"Ah, right. Those."
"Are you saying you want kids?"
"I... Well, all this magic has to go somewhere."
"So, that's a yes." Loki smiled. I looked back down at the ring and traced some of the characters. "What does this mean?"
Loki grabbed my hand and looked at the ring. "It says: Though we enter and leave this life separately, we will always stay as one."
"That's beautiful. Now we really are one, since we're kinda sharing a soul."
"Well, they're both dark, so I don't think it matters." I laughed.
Years later, I would be wearing the ring beside my wedding ring to this day.