If It's Possible, I Fall Even More in Love

"Unhand her, or I'll rip your arm off and have you beaten with it."
I almost didn't recognize the violent ring the sentence had to it through how protective Loki was being. It had been pretty sweet.
The crazy old man looked up at me with big empty eyes. I pulled the hem of my skirts away from him. He let go and turned to the crowd that had gathered. "Imposter," he whispered. "Our 'queen' is an imposter. Are we going to put up with that? How can all of you stand by and watch while she slowly takes our King's place?" His tone slowly grew louder. I slunk back quietly to go stand by Loki. He put his arm around me and growled. The man kept ranting on about how I had worked through vile means to get where I was today, standing next to the throne and whispering things in Loki's ear, apparently. I hadn't noticed I was shivering.
Loki stepped forward, leaving me behind. "Enough!" He hissed and the man scrambled back. "If you dare say one more word, untrue or not, about my wife and your Queen, I will enjoy watching you public execution. I would ask Olivia to do the honors, but seeing how kind and well intended she is, I figure she'd say no. Which means I get to choose how you die." Loki crouched down a few inches from the man's face. "So I suggest you shut up." Loki stood up and scanned the crowd. "And that goes for all of you. I have no problem with seeing how fast I can fill up the dungeons. Don't you all have places to be?" I had never seen a crowd disperse so quickly.
I stood silently, looking forward with a blank look in my eyes. "Am I an imposter?" I asked, voice quavering. "I'm not even Asgardian."
"Neither am I, darling. Even if you were an imposter, which you aren't, I'd hope you'd feel at home in my arms." Oh, how true those words were.