Axel is a Fanboy

I took Axel and Frigga down to Stark Tower one time with me to play with Molly's twins, Clint and Nat (cute, huh?). Tony was out gallivanting across the eastern seaboard and Molly invited me over. Frigga immediately took off to find Nat; even though the two were super different, they got along just fine.
Axel hung around me awkwardly, since he was in that stage of life where he wouldn't hang out with anyone younger than him. He sat on the floor in front of the couch and listened to our conversation. I remember listening to my parents' conversations all the time.
I paused to listen to Frigga and Nat talking.
"So... You don't wear any makeup?" My daughter.
Nat scoffed. "My mom doesn't even have any. Besides, why would I want to?"
Frigga was in shock.
"Axel, you should go find Clint," I told him.
"He's in the labs" Molly added. "Y'know, like a science lab."
Axel shrugged.
"Axel, go on. I don't want you to be awkward like I was-" Molly looked at me. "Am." Axel grudgingly got up and slunk down the stairs. (I don't think he knew how to use an elevator).
Molly and I talked a while longer about inside jokes and everything else. After fifteen minutes, I was rolling on the floor. Laughing.
I was barely aware of Frigga trying to get my attention and rolling her eyes. Nat stole my spot on the couch. "Axel is in a stupor," Frigga was finally able to say.
"How come they talk more like Loki, than you? I never hear your kids say legit, or rigid, or-"
"Mood," we said at the same time.
After another laughing fit, Frigga dragged me down the stairs in the direction Axel left. And there he was, sitting in a solitary chair staring at his hero. Captain America was chatting with Clint like he had known each other before, or something. Weird. I made to go help Axel with the meeting of his favorite person alive. He just sat there, staring at the floor. He and Loki got the same blank look in their eyes when they were surprised.
"That is Captain-freaking-America, Mother!"
Molly smiled, "There are the earth words I was looking for!"
"Maybe you should go talk to him." I pulled him off the chair and Clint waved him over. Steve turned and felt Axel stop breathing.
"Hey Axel! Steve, this is my friend Axel."
"Nice to meet you, Axel." Cap held out his hand and Axel weakly took it. I swear, that kid is practically the reincarnated Coulson.
"I-I can't talk right now," Axel stuttered, like Loki does. Them two are so alike. I can grammar.
"My son is a huge fan! He has a ton of costumes and knows all of your famous quotes-"
"Mo-ther!" Axel groaned. "You're embarrassing me."
Steve laughed and clapped Axel on the shoulder. "I'm honored, son." Axel furiously fought to keep his hair from turning red. "And you too, ma'am. Mrs...?"
"Just Olivia. I grew up with Molly, so that's why I'm..." I threw up my hands and looked around the room. "I'm a pretty big fan too, y'know."
"My father isn't." Axel stuck his tongue out.
Steve chuckled. "Is he more of a team Iron Man fan, then?"
"Well, no, not really. He's kinda on his own team."
"Ah, I see."
Molly seized the moment. She crept across the room and said, "Cap, this is Loki's wife."
Steve's jaw dropped and Axel grimaced. I shrugged. Cap ruffled Axel's hair. "And you still have the guts to like me, huh? I should make you an honorary member of Team Cap."
I swear I saw Axel almost faint.