A Very Merry Christmas, and Loki Asks "What the Heck is That?"

"Loki!!! It's our first Christmas as a married couple!"
He looked up, amused.
"Christmas music, snickerdoodles, a tree, fires, and hot chocolate, making snow angels, snow ball fights, and ooh! Mistletoe!" I looked at him and smiled. "We've gotta get started now!"
Loki set down his book. Was he allowed to read while being all kingly? I thought not, but I mean, he's the king. He makes the rules. "What is this?"
"Oh, Christmas? Nothing much. Just the best holiday in the whole universe!"
"Today?"
"Heck no. We still have all of November and December to prepare. C'mon! Decorating will be so much easier with magic!"
"I don't think I should leave-" I grabbed his arm and strung him along with me to the kitchen. When we got there, I ordered all the servants who were cooking to stop what they were doing and to help make cookies. I gave them recipes for Snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, ginger snaps, and any other cookies for Christmas I could think of. Then Loki and I started on our own batch.
When we had the dough ready, I showed Loki how to roll it out and cut out cookies. "Use some flour." I shoved the container in front of him and he stared at it.
"We already put some it the dough."
"For your hands, silly. It's so the dough won't stick."
"Oh."
Normally, baking called for Christmas music. Unfortunately, Asgard don't have no Spotify. I would have to be the radio station for today. "I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true. Baby all I want for Christmas is you. I'm no Mariah Carey, but that's the best I got."
Loki grinned. "That is Christmas music?"
"Well, one song in hundreds I'm sure."
"Sing more."
"Oh-Kay, your Majesty." I began with Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree and White Christmas, or all the parts I could remember. I got halfway through Twelve Days of Christmas before Loki stopped me. "On the sixth day of-"
"How far does this go?"
"Twelve."
"I think I get the idea."
"Good, cause I'm not finishing that. It snows here in Asgard, right?"
Loki shrugged. "Occasionally."
"I guess we could go to Midgard too if we needed to." We were finally done with the cookies, so we raced out of the kitchen and I grabbed some thick socks to slide around in. I pulled him along literally everywhere, giggling childishly and singing more songs.
I paused in the middle of the hallway and gasped. "A tree!"
Loki caught up to me and raised an eyebrow. "What about it?"
"We need one! The biggest one possible. Or we could have multiple! One in the hall, one in the throne room, one in our room, heck! One in every room! And then we could decorate every single one! Each could have it's own theme. We could do colors! Or animals! One for you and one for me." I saw a guard walking by, trying to ignore my rant, or to pass me by without getting caught up in the holiday spirit. "You there! I need a tree! Preferably one for each room. They need to be evergreens! That's crucial. Skiddaddle!" He most likely didn't know what skiddaddle meant, but I think he got the basic meaning, as he scampered off to fulfill my desire.
Loki shook his head and grinned. "I'm excited to see how all this plays in to everything else."
"Now you're catching on! Just don't question anything and you'll be fine!" I put my hands on my hips. "Now what else do we need... Ah! Presents! What do you get for the person who literally could have anything? You have a vault and a treasury!"
"Presents? As in gifts? What do you want?"
"See, we make these lists. And then we go down it and pick one or two or all the things to get for the other. Like if you said, 'I want my helmet to be shined,' I would get it done without you knowing, and on Christmas Day. You'd open it up and see that your helmet is all shiny! And you would do the same for me and I would open a new pair of combat boots! I can't wait, Loki!"
"For the combat boots, or Christmas?"
"Both! And we've still gotta plan the Christmas Eve feast and Christmas breakfast! And we've gotta go to Stark Tower for some kind of party and get together with my cousins for the annual reenactment! And we've got so little time to prepare!"
"I thought you said we had all of November and December to prepare?" Loki sighed. I opened my mouth to reject his statement, but he shushed me. "I don't know much about Christmas, but I do know a lot about having fun. How are you going to have fun while you talk about, but don't actually do the stuff you talked about? Pick something, we'll do that first."
I sighed, "I guess we could eat our cookies by the fire. Pick one of each and we'll read or something." I started sliding back to the kitchens on my socks. "Hurry! We've gotta get all of the-" Loki shot me a glance. "Alright, I guess we'll have to enjoy ourselves," I smiled.
When we made it back to the kitchens, the cookies were done and I grabbed as many as possible and shoved one in my mouth before we went to sit by an open fire. I'm not even sure why we have so many fire pits and sitting rooms. I probably scarfed down four cookies before Loki reminded me he hadn't had any yet. We stayed there for a good thirty minutes, just indulging in sugar and chatting.
Then I broke out the mistletoe. Loki stared at it curiously. I held one little sprig in my hand and held it up as high as I could.
"One last crazy tradition?" Loki asked.
"Yes, sir! My personal favorite. This is mistletoe. If a couple stands under it, they have to kiss."
"I like that."
"Of course you do. But you have to stand under it for it to work."
"If I'm standing that close to you, I think we're kissing already." He pulled me into a kiss and I melted, and not because of the fire.
After a few seconds, however, he pulled away. "Do I taste... Peppermint?"
"Oh! That's... It's a candy cane."
"A what?"
"I have a few more in our room if you want one. They... Hey! Weren't we in the middle of something?"
He blushed. "Sorry, I prefer not to miss out on that tradition."