We Talk About Captain America and Big Life Changes

I tried as hard as possible to have breakfast a more private meal for my family. Loki said nothing, as I'm fairly sure he was sick of the popularity of the feasts anyway. Axel and Frigga grumbled, though it didn't affect their normal habits at all.
Sitting around a smaller table than usual, I ate mostly in silence. Axel was giving Frigga a blow by blow summary of the origin story if Captain America while Frigga completely ignored him. Grabbing the bowl of fruit in the center of the table, I picked out what looked sorta familiar. This berry was red with a green top and white seeds. Let's just say it's a strawberry. Maybe.
"...and then it was Bucky-" Axel got cut off.
"Wait, I thought you said that Bucky died when he fell of the train?" So Frigga had been listening.
Axel paused. "Well, yes, everyone thought he was dead-"
"Like Agent Coulson," I broke in. Loki scowled.
"If you would just let me finish? Bucky fell from the train and landed on his arm wrong. It, uh, is now useless. Dr. Zola found him and used him to almost duplicate Captain America."
"But Bucky now has a metal arm?" Frigga bit into a slice of some kind of melon. "I thought you said his arm was useless?"
"It was. HYDRA hacked off the rest of it and replaced it with a metal one. Actually, they might have been doing him a favor."
"So you now synthesis with HYDRA?" Frigga stated. If that kid wasn't a princess, I'd make her be a lawyer.
"Eww, gross. No!"
"Well, if we've all become engaged in this conversation, I have something to tell you two." I sighed and set down my fork. Loki leaned back in his chair, giving me the mic, if we had microphones in Asgard.
Frigga and Axel perked up, standing (or sitting, I guess) at a attention.
"I can't really come up with a good introduction to this, so I suppose I'll just straight out say it."
"We're not in trouble, are we?" Axel asked.
"No, of course not. If you were in trouble, your mother would be yelling right now."
"Wow, that's comforting, Loki. Anyways. Axel, do you remember when Frigga was born?"
"Nope."
"Okay, well, I'm pregnant." Loki just nodded. I had told him last night.
Axel sat with his mouth agape and Frigga stared at us with a look of disappointment. "You're lying."
"Why would I lie about this?"
"Father might."
"He didn't even say anything!"
"He agreed with you."
Axel was silent until he got up and walked around to me and hugged me. "Frigga's so boring. Thank you!"
"Hey! Not true!" Frigga ran to our side of the table and, knowing her, she probably felt left out. "Is the baby a boy or a girl?"
"We won't know until he's born," Loki said.
"Again with the assumptions, Loki! From now on, you can only say 'the baby.'"
Loki grinned.