I Battle it Out With the Kids

"Frigga, no. What are you- what are you doing?" I picked her up and pulled the rim of her dress out of her mouth. "Axel!? Where's Axel?" Frigga started crying since I didn't let her eat her dress. "Axel! Ugh!" My hair was crumpled and wasn't even brushed yet. I was still wearing my nightgown and my only success of the day was getting Frigga dressed, and she was already destroying my work. "I'm sorry, Frigga." I set my daughter back down and she screamed for me to pick her back up. "No! I need to find Axel first. Sorry!" I left the room and stepped through a backdoor to try to find Axel outside. He was sitting in a pile of dirt around a bunch of previously beautiful looking flowers. They were all smashed now. Axel was eating dirt. "Nooo! Baby!" I dragged Axel back inside and scrubbed the caked up mud off his hands, feet, and face. Frigga was still crying.
I saw Loki's black hair flash out of the corner of my eyes, and the it was gone. "Loki! Get back in here!" I could actually hear him grimace as he stepped through the doorway. "Take your child."
"Which one?"
"Just pick one!" I groaned. Axel stuffed his hand in his mouth which was still covered in mud.
"This dirt doesn't taste good, mama."
"Because it's dirt, Axel honey. Loki, take your daughter." I handed him a sobbing Frigga. "Frigga, you can't eat you dress. Axel, you can't eat dirt. Are- are you two hungry?"
"Mama, I ate a flower too." Axel smacked his lips.
"Of course you did. Loki, make her stop crying!" I picked up Axel and looked down at the trail of mud he left on the floor. Frigga screamed again.
"Frigga!" Loki got Frigga to look at him. "Hey, Frigga. Why are you crying?" Frigga stopped mid-sob. "Olivia, let me have Axel."
"Why-"
"You still need to get dressed, and do your hair, and read for at least half an hour."
"Are you sure?"
"I think I can take care of my own children."
"Axel, do you want to go with dada?"
"Daddy!" Axel threw dirt everywhere.
I handed Axel off to Loki and Frigga started crying again, saying something in baby talk like, "Axel no come!" I ran up stairs before I could change my mind. I stepped into my chambers and closed the doors on screaming children. I slipped into something more comfortable for the day time and put my hair up in a very simple fashion. It was a ponytail. Not very Asgardian.
I then took Loki's advice and read.
Once I was revived, I prepared myself to tackle the challenge that lay ahead. Axel would need a wash, Frigga would need a nap and both of them would need to eat something. I crept down the stairs and peeked into an empty room. Axel's mud snack was gone and so were my family. Curiously, I couldn't hear a sound.
"Loki!? Where...?" I wandered around the castle for a while wondering what he possibly could have done with Axel and Frigga. I'm wasn't complaining; as long as they weren't screaming... Finally, I had the sense to check in their rooms. Axel's room was empty, but I could hear talking in Frigga's room. No crying. No dirt in the doorway. "Loki?" I opened the door.
"And there, at the end of the dark path stood a majestic black stallion. The forest usually played tricks on you, and this was no exception. But it looked so real..." Frigga and Axel were both lying comfortably in Loki's lap. Frigga was asleep and Axel looked eagerly at each page of the book, as if he could read. I just stood there, watching them with tears in my eyes. "...The end."
"Thank you, Loki."