We Ride Off Into the Sunset

I was lying in bed reading a book. It was super late and I should have been asleep by now, but I have a long history of staying up late reading.
I heard a knock on the door. I didn't know anyone but Loki and like two other people that would want to see me at midnight. Those two people were probably my parents, and they weren't even here. I hopped off the bed and opened the door. There was no one there and the knock sounded again. Either there was a monster in my closet, or... I didn't know. I went to the only other plausible option. I flung open the curtains and nearly fell over backwards in surprise.
Loki was sitting on the window sill.
I opened the window. "What are you doing?"
He turned around. "Finally. I thought you'd never find me. And I would be left out in the cold, waiting for my love to discover me on her window sill."
I laughed. "Yeah, but what are you doing?"
"I'm rescuing you from the tower, my princess. I'm your Prince Charming. Quickly now! The dragon is right on my tail!" He jumped off the window. I leaned over the side and saw Loki balancing on a tree limb directly below me. This was going to be so fun. I jumped out after him.
After we climbed down the tree, Loki led me to the shadow of the palace. His horse stood there, lazily munching on some grass. "Sweet! Let's go!" I raced him there. Horse rides are always more romantic when there's only one horse.
Loki sat in front and I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder. And we rode off into the...uh...night. I must've fallen asleep three times and Loki had to hold on to me to keep me from falling off. We rode for hours. Starlight is so romantic. Maybe we'd ride off forever, with just each other. And a horse. We could name the horse Eachother.
...
We finally had to turn around when the sky turned pink. I was so tired, Loki had to half carry me to the castle.
"Did you have fun?" he whispered.
I giggled and leaned on his shoulder. We made it to the front doors, where two guards stood by. They froze when they saw us coming, and seemed to recognize us later.
"Y-your majesties?"
I realized how strange (and possibly suspicious) we looked. We both end up at the front doors without either of us being seen exiting the palace. And it was barely dawn.
I laughed drowsily and Loki cleared his throat. "Uh, my horse. She's in the stable. One of you take care of that." The guards looked at each other before one bowed and took several strides forward. "And neither of you speak of us and what has transpired here. You will be rewarded for your secrecy." They shared another quick glance and then one of them scrambled off to do what Loki had told him to do.
After we passed through the doors, I asked, "Why so dramatic?"
Loki turned to me and smiled. "Because it was fun." He stopped me. "Do you need help up the stairs? You look really tired."
"Upstairs?" I yawned. "Why would we...go upstairs?"
"Your room is upstairs," he said softly. "You need to get some rest." He then picked me up and carried me upstairs to my room. He laid me on my bed and walked over to the window, still open, and closed it. "Now get some sleep. Good morning."
I chuckled and pulled my blankets up to my chest. "Good morning to you too."
Loki brushed my hair aside and kissed my forehead. Then he left and I slept.