We Become Smugglers for Elvis

We were having a formal feast, or as formal as you could get on Asgard. Loki and I sat at the head of the monstrously long table, with Frigga to my right and Axel to his father's left. From then on, seats were taken by whomever grabbed them first. At my feet lay a very hungry looking King (my German Shepherd). He had become so,etching of a novelty in Asgard after I brought him home. Axel and Frigga of course were the first to see him, but after that, even the servants adored him. Loki still scrunched up his nose at the puppy, but when he thought I wasn't looking, he would scratch him behind his ear.
I tried to listen to the tales of battle and and other achievements that went on throughout the feast, but to me they felt like such boring (and a bit too gruesome) topics. I looked over at Axel and noticed him at the edge of his seat, hanging on to every word the older warriors said, watching them reenact their stories of war. Frigga was just as bored as I was, but not as good as hiding it. She looked at them with the face she usually reserved for Acel when he would pull her into his game, making her be Peggy Carter. Loki, being king, would normally have to contribute to the story at some point and perhaps start and win an argument.
Under the table, King whined and I shushed him. "I know, I know. I'm hungry too. Can you wait a few more minutes?"
"Mother," Frigga leaned over to talk to me. "Are you perhaps harboring any Midgardian creature under the table? And if so, tell him I completely agree with anything he just said."
I pulled the silk table cloth up so I could look at my puppy eye to eye. "Frigga says she agrees with everything you just said." Frigga and I enjoyed a laugh together.
Finally, the feast was brought out and I quieted my stomach. I dug in as quickly as quickly as possible, which probably wasn't expected of the Queen, but I didn't care. When no one was watching, I would take a piece of meat off of my plate and slip it King. He took it out of my hand and stuck his tongue out In a totally respectful manner. King would then run the length of the table and back where no knew could see him. When he returned he would expect another piece of meat. King bumped against Loki's chair when he came sliding in too fast and Loki looked at me, knowing exactly what was happening.
"What?" I laughed. "I think the King must be hungry."
"You're right. I am very hungry." This was one way to do it. Disguise the King as King. Where does Elvis come in here?
Frigga giggled and Axel questioned us all for a moment before his face lightened up and I saw him give the puppy part of his own meal. I loved to watch the others present puzzle over the Royal family's "telepathic" power and how they all seemed to laugh at something completely irrelevant.
Once we went a little too long without giving King a snack. Even though he knew he would get all the leftovers he wanted, he hated to miss out on the conversations, laughter, and his family.
King barked. I lightly nudged him with my foot to remind him of his manners. Frigga suppressed a laugh and Axel stared down at his meal with a wide smile in his face. Loki rolled his eyes. Everyone else seemed slightly confused at the sounds being made with apparently no maker. King howled. I snorted into my drink while Frigga and Axel exchanged glances. Everyone looked around the room, mumbling and talking with their neighbor.
Loki turned to me and sighed. "It's a shame really," he said loud enough for more people than just I to hear. "This beast," he said, gesturing to the large carcass on the table. "was not cooked enough. You can clearly still hear it making its primitive sounds."
I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, and neither could anyone else at the table. Loki kept his face straight and stealthily dropped a cut of meat under the table. King gladly gobbled it up and barked happily.