I Get to Meet the Asgardians

"Hey, uh, I want to show you something," Loki said as we turned the corner on our stroll.
"What is it?" I had to quicken my pace to keep up with him because of his longer legs. That wasn't fair.
"I can't tell you."
"Well, what if I need to prepare, or something."
Loki grinned. "Then I would have let you know in advance."
I searched my 'how Loki tricks people' database to find other ways I could make him tell me. Unfortunately, I'm not magic, so that ruled out about half the options. "I guess now, I can't tell you my secret."
"The secret that you just now made up to try to get me to tell you?" He smirked. "That secret?"
I pouted. "Maybe."
Suddenly, he pulled me closer to him and what seemed like very colorful fire surrounded us. I was pulled off the ground, and regretfully, I screamed. I thought I could hear Loki laughing beside me. Finally, it ended. I was left standing in what I automatically knew was the Bifrost. I shrieked.
Loki nearly fell backwards in shock and held up his hands.
"You took me to the storming Bifrost! Oh, oh my. Oh my gosh. I-I can't breathe. I can't, I can't. This is Asgard!!!"
"I, uh, hoped you'd be excited."
"Are you kidding? This is fantastic! I, Olivia Andelin, am in Asgard!"
So, we walked down the, like, 30-freaking-mile-long rainbow bridge and towards the palace, where I made a pretty gruesome discovery.
I swatted Loki across the shoulder.
"What was that for?"
"See what you did? You took me to the literal realm of gods and you didn't even warn me!" I turned around to study the Asgardians who slowly gathered around to watch us.
"I'm afraid I don't understand, Olivia."
I pointed to myself. "Jeans." Then I guest urged to the crowd. "Ball gowns and cool armor." Back to myself. "Bed head and un-makeuped face." I pointed again to the crowd. "Literal goddesses." I frowned. "I should've brought my dagger."
"You have a dagger?"
"Yeah. I can't believe you! Oh, crap. They're coming closer. They're going to see me. Look at how short I am compared to everyone. They're all so graceful. I'm wearing sneakers. She looks like a ninja. I'm not a ninja. I can hardly get out of bed in the morning. Loki, hide me."
"Olivia! Calm down! What are you so worried about?"
I answered without hesitating. "That I'm not good enough."
Loki frowned. "What?"
"I'm from puny little Midgard. I can't use a sword and they are all so beautiful." I watched nervously as the Asgardians watched me and Loki talk. This was like the weird equivalent of me meeting his parents.
Loki linked arms with me and we marched forward. "Are you thinking that I have an, uh..." He looked like he was searching for the right word. "'Ex' here and that now you suddenly have to compete for me?"
"Maybe."
"Let me tell you a secret." Loki paused to give a fake smile to everyone following us. He rolled his eyes and looked back at me. "I've lived here my whole life. I know most of the people following us by their first names. I also learned that they are very...fake. Yes, there are those brave few who acted like themselves around me, but I was never interested."
"Around you?"
"I'm royalty. Mostly, people would just put on a mask when I, or Thor, or anyone, really, was around them. That made it hard to get close to anyone, I guess, eventually, I just sealed myself off from any potential anyone. Friends, girlfriends..."
"Oh. That's..."
"Depressing, I know. But I'm not done yet. I think you are the most genuine person I've ever met. That's what makes you beautiful."
I started laughing.
"What?"
"You have no idea what you just did. I'm sorry, continue."
He looked at me strangely before speaking again. "And for that, I will always choose you over anyone here."
I giggled as he kissed my cheek. I smirked over my shoulder at all the Asgardians. "Hear that, peasants? He chose me over you!"
"I know they are peasants, but is it necessary to address them as such?" Loki said jokingly. "Let's throw a feast in you honor. That'll be fun, right?" I opened my mouth to answer, but he cut me off. "I can find you a dress, don't worry. I want you to feel comfortable when I announce you."
"Announce me?"
"Sure. I'll have to give you that title."
I laughed again at his ability to talk in song lyrics he'd never even heard. "You keep referencing songs, Loki."
"I don't know why that keeps happening. It must have something to do with you."
I snorted. "You're the best."
"Why, thank you, my girlfriend."
I couldn't contain my fangirling/Candace/psychopathic laugh.