I Become a Star

The announcement had been made, the Queen was with child. It wasn't long before most knew before the more formal announcement; all of Asgard was a kingdom of spies and warriors. I couldn't go anywhere without people smiling and giggling as I walked by. This didn't bother me, I actually loved the attention I was getting, but Loki took it upon himself to be with me every second of the day, wherever I wanted to go. It half reminded me of before we were married and no one recognized me unless I was with Loki.
Walking down a hallway towards the outdoors so I could read while Loki did whatever with his throwing knives, I strut even more than Loki did. Every time we walked through a pair of double doors, the guards would bow and I would puff out my chest a bit more. It seemed like servants and my hand maidens were actually stalking me to find out what hallway I would be in next. I saw Alva more than twice on my trek to the courtyard.
When we reached the balcony that overlooked a courtyard with a few trees and training warriors, Loki led me to a place where I was shaded from the sun and could still see the majority of the ground, where Loki would be practicing. "You're not too tired, are you? Do you need anything?"
"Oh, my gosh, Loki. we literally walked less than a fourth of a mile."
"Are you sure?" He glanced at my stomach.
"Yes, I'm sure. Now go throw some knives at something," I smiled. He was being so sweet! Of course, that registered itself a little differently in him than it did in others.
"Hey! Back up! Give her some space. I'm armed, you know!" Loki hissed and pointed a knife at a group of servants who had tried to make their way over to me after Loki walked away.
Loki had his back to me and I mouthed, "It's fine," to the group on the other side of him. They giggled and waited until Loki was gone before coming back.
"Is there anything you require, your Highness?" A young maid with light brown hair and oily green eyes asked.
"Well, the book I brought along does not exactly interest me anymore. If you could go exchange it for another, you would be most appreciated." I said it in part to just give her something to do. I held out the thin book and the maid took it, emerald eyes glistening. She scurried back through the doors and disappeared.
"Is there anything else, your Highness?" I noticed Alva standing more towards the back of the group, but was clearly in charge. Beside her stood a blonde girl with her hair tied back in a customary bun in the back of her head.
"Hello, Alva." Alva stepped through the crowd and the young girl followed her. She must have been Alva's trainee.
Alva sighed, "You know that I don't-"
"Oh right, sorry. Miss Alva."
Alva groaned and the girl beside her giggled. The maid turned to look back at me. "Have you thought of any names for the child yet?" She asked eagerly.
"Imara!" Alva scolded. "I must apologize for my understudy, your Highness. She is not yet-"
"It's fine, Alva." I then whispered to Imara, "Just don't talk that way around Loki. He's a bit... you know." Imara giggled nervously. "But no, I have not thought of any names yet.
"If you don't mind, I'd like to suggest some?"
"Of course! I need a few ideas."
"Your Highness, if you keep letting her-"
"I already told her the rules, Miss Alva. Don't talk to Loki and you'll be fine," I shrugged. Alva rolled her eyes, muttering something like: "She'll never learn..." I couldn't tell who she was talking about, Imara or me.