I Get a Loki Dress and a Snack

I stood as still as possible inside a ring of servants who were tying my hair up and studying the dress I was wearing. My arms were held out sideways and my legs stood together as I tried to retain my perfect posture. The servants around me were measuring my arm span, waist, head, shoulder to shoulder and every other measurement they could think of. My fingertips twitched. I sighed.
"How long will this take?" I groaned.
"Hold still please," one of the servants straightened my falling arm.
"Sorry, Alva."
The servant smiled. "Just call me miss, yes?"
"Of course, Miss Alva." Since I had learned her name, I had refused to let a moment pass where I could use it. I had realized that many servants did not disclose their name lightly, even to the king's betrothed. "Miss Alva? Could you please answer my question?"
"Ah, this will only take a few more minutes. At most an hour."
"I think we have different interpretations of the word few."
"My apologies, Olivia." Alva faked a curtsy, and I laughed.
The doors on the other side of the room opened and in stepped the king and my betrothed. (The king is my betrothed.)
"I just came to-"
"Loki!" I broke free of the ring of servants and half skipped to Loki.
"...Check on you..." Loki finished quietly.
"Oh, no need to check on me, though I'm glad you did! Even though this seems to be taking years, it's rather fun."
"It'll take a few more years if you keep moving," Alva grumbled.
"Loki, this is Alva. Sorry, Miss Alva. It took me a whole week to learn her name. Miss Alva, I'm fairly sure you know Loki."
"I'm fairly sure. Now Olivia, if you could-"
"Loki, they're taking measurements for a dress! I told them I wanted it to match yours. Not your dress, you don't have one, but your outfit! Wouldn't that be perfect?"
Loki grinned. "You're excitable today."
"I'm excitable everyday. I would think you would know this by now."
Alva sighed, "Olivia-"
"Could we put this on hold for, like, ten minutes? I need a snack."
"I suppose-"
"Thanks, Miss Alva!" And I ran to the doors without another word. I stopped running as soon as I was out the doors so I could listen to the conversation they would most definitely be having while I was "gone."
Alva began, "Your Queen to be is very..."
"Strange?"
"I was going to say unique but, yes, that too."
"I guess that makes us have something in common."
"The fact that neither of you are very common place? And how you both seem to interrupt me when I'm about to say something utterly profound?"
"I'm sorry, Miss Alva." I could feel Loki's grin, the grin he uses when he knows he's made someone mad.
"Not you too!" The other servants laughed.
I walked confidently to the kitchens to get my snack.