We Observe an Almost Execution

I stood in the doorway (or at least, one of the many) into the throne room. Loki looked bored out of his wits and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or pity him. There was a loud noise from down the hallway and I could see emotion flood over his face. Finally, something new. Even if that something new was an invading force from another realm, at least it would break routine.
I heard sobbing. This was not a regular break in routine. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch. Eventually, the noise became audible. "Please! I was just trying to-"
I guard hissed as a captive was brought around the corner. Two guards were dragging behind them a woman in servant attire. She had been the one crying. Her cheeks were stained red, her eyes swelled, and she still sniffled.
I cocked my head and caught sight of two people too short to be guards. They quickly ducked out of sight. I sighed and walked across the room to find Axel and Frigga huddled in a hallway, trying to dodge my glance.
"Hey, you two."
"Don't tell Father that were here. We just wanted to watch," Axel said.
I nodded. "I think I could use that."
My children shared a glance. I left them and walked back to my private doorway, listening.
"This woman was caught stealing from the treasury-"
"Please! I didn't want to-" Loki cut her off with a glare.
A guard cleared his throat. "Uh, your Majesty?"
"What's?" Loki growled.
"The Queen-" Loki turned and finally saw me trying to flag him down. He sighed and walked over to me. "Yes?"
"Your children are watching." He glanced quickly in the direction I had looked in. Frigate waved nervously.
Loki turned back to me. "I'm going to have to do the right thing, aren't I?"
I smiled. "I love you. And so do they."
Loki stalked back to the throne. The guards looked faintly annoyed. The Oman hadn't stopped sniffling. "What is your name?"
She looked up just briefly to meet his eyes and then stared down. "K-Kara."
Loki grinned. Oh boy. "That's Kakara, your Majesty," he said. "I'm joking. You're fine." He turned to the guards. "What exactly happened?"
"She was caught stealing from the treasury. Stolen items include: several pieces of jewelry-" (those were probably mine) "and quite a few gemstones."
Loki nodded. "Did you ask Kakara why she decided to steal from me?"
The guard paused. "Well, no. But we figured-"
"There will be no figuring. That means logic. Kakara, why were you attempting to steal from my treasury?
"I would never have stolen without a reason, your Majesty-"
"So, what was the reason?"
The poor woman began shaking. "My father and husband both died serving in the army. I was the only one able to take care of my mother, sisters, and my own children. There was no way I could've-"
"Okay," Loki interrupted. "Now if you could go put those things back where you found them and return home, that'd be great. It seems like that's the only place you should be right now."
The woman sighed with relief and I smiled. I could see Axel and Frigga relax when their father gave the verdict.