EPISODE 64

76543344448
******************************

It all happened too fast. Before his eyes could send the information it had received to his brain for interpretation, it was already over. He already had a bullet wound on his shoulder. Xavier didn't have an explanation as to how he got there.

He had spotted Nicki driving and wanted to talk to her. After the talk Nicki had with her father, Xavier feared that she might do something drastic. He loved the girl like a daughter although he never had a daughter.

He drove three cars behind Nicki tailing her. Nicki was driving to a house and Xavier followed. He watched as Nicki parked before the house, stepped out of the car and entered into the house. Maybe this was her friends house and she wanted someone to talk to. Xavier hid in his car and waited. About five minutes later, Nicki came out of the house, got into her car and drove off. Xavier was about to drive off too but he had a feeling to go into the house.

He walked to the door and was about to knock when he noticed that the door was open. He drew his pistol and slowly opened the door wider. He had just stepped one leg into the house when it happened. A man hit the gun away from his hand with a force so strong that Xavier was shocked and thrown on the door.

Before he could react, the man got to the pistol, turned swiftly to Xavier and shot him on the shoulder. Xavier hit the ground with a thud. The man closed the door and took out his phone. Xavier saw the man dial 911. He had one thought in mind. What happens to Mr. Hills now? Who would protect the boss? That thought sent a surge of adrenaline down his spine.

He shot up in anger and lifted the man off the floor and smashed him on the wall beside a huge shelf. He sat over the man and began raining punches on him. The man put his hands before his face in defense.

Xavier kept punching away. He knew that the man's hands would soon get sore and he would drop them giving Xavier the space to get his face. It took a while but the man eventually got tired. His hands dropped and Xavier saw the opening and took it.

He ran about four straight punches on the man's face. He felt the man's nose brake under his fists which were now covered in blood. Xavier knew he had to finish the man up quickly before he runs out of blood. The bullet wound on his shoulder was making him weak and his punches even weaker. He strained to keep punching with his last strength.

The man stretched his hands over Xavier's face, his fingers questing for Xavier's eyes. Xavier cursed under his breath and yanked his head backwards to avoid the man's fingers.

The man held Xavier's face. His fingers were in Xavier's nose and chin. They felt like steel pincers tearing deep into Xavier's skin. Xavier held the man's hands trying to unhook the man from him. The man held onto his face like a drowning man onto a tree branch.

The man placed his right thumb into the place where he had just shot Xavier. He dug his thumb in and tightened his grip. Xavier cried in pain. Xavier was about to give the man his killer signature right punch when the man gave Xavier a blow on his side knocking the wind away from Xavier. He shoved his fingers into Xavier's eyes and pushed Xavier off him.

The man got up quickly while Xavier was still cursing about his eyes. He picked a club from the shelf and smashed Xavier across the face. Xavier spread on the floor.

The man grabbed Xavier's hair and lifted him from the floor then drove his face into the floor. He jammed a knee into Xavier's  spine and slid the club under his throat, and pulled upward while driving the knee deeper into his back. Xavier squealed until the club began crushing his larynx.

Xavier thought the man would not stop. He had noticed the man's fighting skill. This was the kind of fights obtainable in prisons. This man was definitely an ex-convict

The man walked to the door and opened it wide. Xavier saw this as an opportunity to stand. He tried to stand but his legs felt like rubber. He fell back to the floor. The man kicked Xavier twice on his side breaking a rib or two. He then dragged Xavier by his hair across the floor, out the door, across the gravel and threw him into the back seat of  his car.

Xavier noticed that the man walked with a limp as he was being dragged to the car. The man circled the car and entered the driver's seat. 

Xavier felt totally beaten. As he drifted into unconsciousness, the face of the man in whose hands he had fallen was all he remembered. He had never seen the man before, this was the first time and this might be the last. He closed his eyes. The man drove off. 

............................................................................................................................................
It was like the discovery of the secret to immortality. Every news agency in the whole country had the same headline. 

THE HIMANO DRUG GANG IS DOWN.  
Reporters and news casters didn't miss a beat in exposing, dissecting and analysing all they could about the gang. New discoveries were brought up every half hour and the old ones were repeated every ten minutes. This was the biggest headline since the one on the death of Deputy Police Chief, Wilson. 

Xavier had been arrested and a lot of top ranking men in the gang were arrested too. None of them refused to mention who their boss was, but the cops had hopes that one of them would soon crack and sing. The question on most citizens' mouth was "How did such a mighty organization come crumbling down?"

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.