EPISODE 60

484458515 
***********************************

It was like a family reunion in the Hills mansion. Mr. Hills lay in his king-size bed. Sitting on his right hand side was his wife Esperanza. Stacy sat by his left side and Nicki sat by his feet with a hand gently placed on them. Xavier walked out of the room talking with the doctor. The doctor was giving him other instructions on Mr. Hills case. Miss Harlem stood by Esperanza's side holding a bowl of hot soup. Esperanza took the bowl from her and fed Mr. Hills the soup blowing occasionally on the soup to cool it.

Mr. Hills had requested to be taken home when he got to the hospital that morning. The hospital did as he requested and a personal doctor was assigned him. He was told that the bullet wound missed his bone and he would be able to walk well in weeks. He was however requested to make use of a wheelchair of. One was provided him.

Stacy looked at her dad. She wasn't close to him but he was the only dad she ever had and she loved him. She was so scared when she got the news that he was in a hospital. Nicki placed her head on the bed and fingered Mr. Hills' toes. She looked at her dad; the look she got back was that of love. Esperanza looked around the room. Mr. Hills was done with the soup. Miss Harlem left with the tray.  

"I want to talk with your dad. You two can go to the sitting room" Esperanza said looking from Stacy to Nicki. Both girls left. 

Esperanza looked straight into Mr. Hill's eyes and asked. 

"Oscar, what happened?"

"Its nothing darling i am fine"

"No you are not. You have a bullet wound on your leg." Esperanza said sternly.

Honey I am telling you it's nothing. I was just attacked that's all."

"You don't seem to take this serious Oscar. Why are you doing this to me? I know you were attacked by some gang men. Why are you putting me and your daughter through this? What did we do to you? I have asked you to take your hands off this gang but what did you do, you came out of prison and became the boss. I beg you to leave and you go ahead to become the boss. What is wrong with you Oscar? Do you want to kill me? Are you happy watching your daughter and I suffer. Every day I worry that I may get news that you are dead."

Mr. Hills took her hands in his.

"Darling I have told you this before. I can't quit the gang. What happened today will not happen again. The Firellos are all taken care of.  I have always been.... "

"It seems i am not getting through to you." Esperanza cut it. "You asked me to come back to you but I can't. Not when i know you are still a cheap drug dealer." She was sobbing now.

Mr. Hills placed a hand on her face wiping her tears away. She got up and walked to the window. 

"Since you have chosen the gang over your family, i will take my daughter with me and leave. You can die for the gang but i won't be around to watch."

"You are not leaving. I want my family with me not the gang."

Esperanza turned. 

"You are lying Oscar. You love the gang more than you love me."

"You know that's not true. You are my wife for Christ's sake. Stacy and Nicki are my daughters."

Esperanza walked to the bedside. 

"Nicki is your daughter you say. Have you even told her what happened to her biological father? I don't think so." She paused and cleaned her eyes. 
"After tomorrow, i will take my daughter with me far, far away. Its better that way. Miss Harlem can take care of you."