EPISODE 52

3428547313
**********************************

Morgan was seated in Barry's home office waiting for Barry. He was a little impatient but he knew Barry. Barry was not one to be rushed. He loved to take his time in his job. Barry had come to the scene of the car blast the previous day and taken samples.

The result of the said samples was very important to Morgan. He wanted to know any and everything about who wanted the boy dead. He had since found out that the man whom he suspected to be the young Jason was a cop. After the blast, the cops gave an official statement that Detective Wafi died in the blast with an unidentified male. Morgan knew that was a lie bus a fuss to get whoever wanted the detective dead to believe that the mission was complete. He thought it was a good idea too. He had also tried to secretly get in touch with the detective but ever since the blast, no one had seen the detective, not even his fellow cops. No one knew his whereabouts.

Morgan still had hope. Haven seen him after all these years, he would surely find him and reunite him with his family.

"So tell me. Did you say you saw the boy. The real boy?" Barry asked as he entered his office. 

"Yes I did see him. I am sure he was the one." Morgan said.

"How sure are you? I mean its been over seventeen to twenty years. Sure you are not mistaking. Barry asked.

"I told you I am sure. So please tell me. What are your findings?"

Barry stood up. He closed the blind in the room and sat down.

"You know that this is confidential being that the cops want to make everyone believe that both men died in the explosion, but I know what this means to you so I will tell you."

He took a glass of water off the table and drank.

"The explosive used in blowing up the car is a Russian IED. This type of explosive normally leaves no trace elements when it blows, but the sapphire aluminum coating of the Bentley prevented the full disintegration of the elements of the IED thereby leaving behind some trace elements. I sent my findings to the state PD and they would soon find suspects I am sure. Not many organizations can afford this type of IED so it would certainly be easy to point a finger somewhere."

"So when do you think they would come back with suspects?" Morgan asked.

"Don't worry I would keep you updated with their report."

"Thanks man." Morgan said smiling.

"It's nothing. So when will you meet the detective? When will you tell him about his parents? How will you tell him about it?"

"Well when I meet him first. And when I am sure he is the one."

"Thought you just said you were sure he was the one?"

"I am, just that I have to be double sure."

"Yeah, you are right."

Barry stood up. Now, my turn. 
He took out his phone and said,

"I want you to see something."

"I hope its not a picture of a dead guy like last time," Morgan asked smiling.

Barry smiled. Morgan took the phone and looked at the picture.

"What am I looking at?"

"You have never seen something like that before right?" Barry asked excitedly.

"No I haven't. What is it?"

"This was what I wanted to show you that day. "

"Okay. So what is it?"

"Well my friend. It is the answer. It is the best there is."

"Come on Barry, the best in what?"

"This device you are looking at is next generation technology in your hands. Oh I wish I had the device with me. I would have shown you what it can do."

"You mean you cant tell me what it does without showing me."

"Of course I will tell you. The thing is, it absorbs bullets. Like catch and grab."

"That's it?" Morgan asked disappointedly.
"That wasn't what he was expecting to hear."

"I don't know how else to explain it. Okay say I am wearing the device right now, if someone shoots at you, the device I am wearing will absorb the bullet. You are safe and I am safe too."

"You serious?" Morgan said. He was now interested.

"Yes I am. The interesting thing is that I have never heard of nor seen something like it before and I can bet that the device was designed about 15 years ago. There were some materials used in making it that have faded into obsolesce over the years. I traced some element used in making the device. Some are easy to find. But Gallium is not. Gallium was only obtainable here in Phanta city years ago. One factory had access to it but that factory closed down years ago. I plan on going to the factory site to survey the area. But one thing I am sure of is this. This device was made years ago and I feel like I owe it to myself to find who designed it and hopefully have him design another."

Morgan was happy for Barry for being excited but whatever it was that excited Barry interested him but did not excite him. He had something else to be excited about, the detective. Where did he go? Is he on the run because of the blast? Maybe someone wants him dead. Morgan had a thought. The best way to get the detective to come out of hiding is to find out whoever the detective is running from and stop the person.

Morgan got to his feet.

"Barry I have to go." He said to Barry.

"Alright man. I will call you later. I want you to come with me to the old factory, see if there is anything I can find."

Barry stood too.

"That's okay." Morgan said.

He wasn't sure he wanted to go chemistry hunting with Barry but he had to at least pretend to want to go.
Morgan left.   

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.