EPISODE 58

1567961899
***********×****×*****************

"I have opened the device" Nicki said excitedly to Miss Harlem.

Miss Harlem was in the kitchen. Nicki took her hand and dragged her into the room.

"Come let me show you what i mean" Nicki said sitting on the bed. The device was on the bed too. It was open.

"I don't understand, how did you do it?

Nicki didn't answer that. She just had a wide smile in her face.

"What are these?" Miss Harlem asked pointing at the device.

"These are bullets" Nicki replied.

She picked the bullets in the encasement and fingered them.

"I am so happy she said and climbed down the bed. She gave Miss Harlem a hug and picked the device from the bed.

"I'll be back soon. Have somewhere to go to"

She gave Miss Harlem a peck and headed out of the room.

Miss Harlem wanted to say something but no word found its way out of her mouth.

*****×**********************×*****
155888415
***************,******************

Morgan and Barry both sat in Barry's sitting room waiting for Nicki. She had called Barry to say that she had news. Barry also had news for her too. A knock came on the door. Morgan got up and went to the bar to get a drink while Barry went to the door and opened it. It was Nicki. She was asked in and she sat down on a settee. Barry sat opposite her. Barry spoke first deciding to go straight to the point.

"I have some new discoveries that might interest you" he said to Nicki. Nicki was already excited to know what it was.

"Do you know any man by the name Mr. Kennedy Woods?" Morgan asked.
Nicki was shocked at the question. She wanted to ask who this bearded man was. Why is he asking her this question?

"Please miss answer the question. Do you know any Mr. Kennedy Woods?" Morgan asked again.

"Yes i do. He is my biological father" Nicki said.

Barry spoke next. "Where is he?" he asked.

"Why am i being asked these questions?" Nicki asked.

"You will know soon enough" Barry replied.

"I want to know now" Nicki demanded.

"Well it has to do with the device. We have after all investigations concluded that the device was made by Mr. Kennedy Woods."

Nicki was shocked and her interest rose.

"Well Mr. Kennedy Woods is my biological father. He and my mum died in an accident when i was still a baby. As for where he is, in heaven i guess."

"How well do you know him" Barry asked.

"Not enough. I told you he died in an accident when i was a baby." Nicki said.

She looked at Morgan who was still standing and said.

"Who are you?"

Morgan sat beside her and placed his glass of wine on the table.

"My name is Morgan Grimes. I used to work with your father Mr. Kennedy Woods. He was a top ranking man in the now defunct Himano gang back in Jubal."

"My biological father was a gang member?" Nicki asked.

Morgan sat steady and continued.

"Yes he was. And he was feared by all too. He and his best friend Mr. Oscar Hills were only topped by the founder of the group, Don Alvarez Belluci. Don Alvarez was the boss. Now as for a car accident killing your biological father, that's a lie. Mr. Kennedy Woods and his wife were murdered by his best friend Mr. Oscar Hills. Mr. Oscar Hills even confessed to doing it. He was sentenced to life imprisonment but he was released mysteriously after just Seven years. All the documents concerning his arrest, trial and so on have all disappeared from the database. No one knows where Mr. Hills is right now. He has been out of the public eye since he left prison."

"I don't believe any of what you said. Mr. Oscar Hills is my adoptive father. And he is not a killer. I don't believe you" Nicki was angry. She wanted to be told that what this bearded man just said was a lie. She looked to Barry to say it's a lie.

"I'm afraid but all he said is true." Barry said.

"Am i to believe that my adoptive father murdered my biological father? And that both of them were drug dealers?" Nicki asked.

She was fighting back tears. This was not something she needed to hear. Does this mean that Mr. Hills lied to her? Does this mean that all her life had been a lie? Did Xavier know about this? What of Miss Harlem, did she know about it too? Nicki felt like crying out loud. Her heart was thumping in her chest. She wanted more than anything to go and confront her dad Mr. Hills. She wanted to hear him say that these men were lying against him and have them punished.

Morgan placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I am sorry but it's true. You should ask Mr. Hills to tell you the truth." Morgan said calmly.

Nicki wiped a tear that had escaped her left eye. She took Morgan's hand off her shoulder.

" No, I don't believe what you two are saying" She said.

"That's alright." Barry said. "What was the news you said you had for me?" he asked Nicki.

Nicki stood up and walked to the door.

"Its nothing" she said, opened the door and left.

Barry looked at Morgan.

"Did we do it wrongly?"

"No we didn't. She had to know somehow"

Barry stood.

"Now you know that Mr. Hills is probably in Phanta city. What are you going to do? "

"I planted a tracking device on her when i touched her shoulder. She should help me get to Mr. Hills. But i will have to find his son first before i meet him." He got to his feet and went for the door.

"I have to go. i have a few calls to make" Morgan left.

Barry sat alone. He wasn't happy. The maker of the bullet absorbing device was dead years ago. The only man who could have explained the process to him. Barry resolved to keep researching. He was going to make the device again.

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.