EPISODE 30

3rd November, 1996.
***********************************

Mr. Hills sat in jail. It still amazed him as to how he got to jail. He had woken up that morning with his day already planned out. He was to drive Nicki and Miss Harlem to Nicki's kindergarten. Then he would drive with Xavier to Edinburgh city to collect the ashes of his son Jason. He had gotten down to the sitting room when he heard a knock on his front door. He had been receiving cops all these while that he was searching for his son so he hoped it was them and they had discovered something new or that they wanted to accompany him to get Jason's ashes. When he opened the door, three cops stood there.

"Good morning. Are you Mr. Oscar Hills?" The first cop asked Mr. Hills.

Mr. Hills observed the cop. He had never seen him before.

"Yes i am". He replied.

The cop took out a police badge hooked on his waist band and showing it to Mr. Hills he said. 

"My name is Detective Conan Frudo. I am with the department of homicide, Jubal police station. You are under arrest for the murder of Mr. Kennedy Woods"

One of the cops came towards Mr. Hills.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say may be used against you in the court of law". The detective continued.

Mr. Hills was speechless. He stood transfixed. The cops pointed to the door. They walked Mr. Hills out of the house and headed towards their waiting police car.

Xavier was driving into the driveway then. He quickly got out of his car as he noticed what was happening. As he walked towards the cops, Mr. Hills had been made to get into the police car. Xavier yelled at one of the cops

"What the hell is happening here?"

No one gave him a reply. They drove off. Xavier got back into his car and drove behind the cops to the police station.

On the way to the station, Mr. Hills kept thinking about Nicki. She was now 5yrs old. Soon she would ask about her mum. Soon she would find out that her parents were dead. Soon she would find out that they were murdered by the same man she calls dad. He had started to love the girl as his own.

The daughter he never had. His own daughter should be two years old now. He had never seen her. Esperanza would not let him do so. Stella had told him that his daughter's name was Stacy. 
But why now? Why would it be this particular day that the cops would choose to come and arrest him? And who was this new detective?

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.