EPISODE 9

Morgan was driving with Dave to camp Vade to dump the bodies of the boys in the car trunk. He didn't like this job. It had no purpose. His hands were stained with the blood of many he had killed. Whatever the boss wanted, he did. It had got him high up in the gang and today, he met with the boss of the boss, Don Alvarez. He had never seen him before but one sight of the man, Morgan knew it had to be him. When he was done dumping the bodies, he would report to Mr. Woods and plead with him to talk to the boss on his behalf. Morgan wanted a more positive job for the gang. He felt he was now worth trusting with the important things in the gang. He had worked for over ten years. That should mean something.

Morgan was still in thoughts when his phone rang. He reached for it in his jean trousers pocket. It was Mr. Woods. Morgan answered the call and Mr. Woods said

"The boy is alive. Shoot that Motherfucker Dave and take the boy to a safe place. It may interest you to know that the boy is Mr. Hills son. Call me when you get him safe." the call ended.

Morgan was in two worlds. Loyalty they say is a big word. Morgan had to choose whom to be loyal to. The boss who he just saw today, Don Alvarez or the one he had worked with over the years. The one that recruited him, Mr. Woods. Morgan didn't like the new boss, Don Alvarez. He looked like one with his heart in the wrong place. If this was truly Mr. Hills son, why would the boss have his
best friend kill the boy? That's just mean. And if the boy was still alive, that meant that Mr. Woods was smart, and a good shooter, just like he was thought of.

Morgan had decided. He was going to save the boy. He would take him to a safe place, far away from the obviously wicked Don. First he had to kill Dave. He didn't want to think too much about it so he reached for his gun to shoot Dave but Dave had seen that coming. After Morgan took that call, Dave noticed a change in Morgans countenance. Dave had suspected foul play. So when he saw Morgan reach for his gun, Dave reached for Morgans arms, hitting the gun off Morgan. The car was swerving as Morgan had momentarily lost control of the staring. He struggled with steadying the car as both men fought for possession of the gun.

Dave had the gun fall under his seat. He reached for and picked up the gun to shoot Morgan as Morgan reached for a small revolver he had hidden in his stockings. Both men shot. Dave was shot in the head and Morgan got shot in the knee. Dave's blood splattered on the car window and the bullet escaped through the glass, shattering it. The pain from the shot on Morgan's knee made him shout in pain. He lost control of the car. It swerved and crashed.  
   .......................................................................     ............... .................... ......................

Morgan had a severe headache. He felt a drip of blood on his forehead. He was upside down. What happened to him? His memory was eluding him.  He tried to remember what happened. His head was heavy with pain.

He was in the car with Dave. Dave had suspected that he was about to pull a fast one and Dave grabbed his gun. The gun fell off him. As Dave reached for the gun, he also reached for another gun that he had tucked inside his stockings, under his trousers. He was fast and had seen the look on Dave's face. It was that of surprise. Dave hadn't seen that one coming. He had shot Dave in his head but Dave had managed to shoot him in the knee. It had been so painful. He had shouted in pain. Just then, he had noticed that the car was heading towards an oncoming van. He had swerved to the right to avoid the collision, but the car spun off its grip and somersaulted. It had the four wheels in the air and crashed into a tree. That must have knocked him unconscious.

Now he was conscious, it occurred to him that he had a boy in the trunk that he had to save. He wanted to move but his leg was stuck and the pain from the gun shot was tearing his body apart. He struggled with pain to break free his leg from what held it. He pulled his leg but no movement. He tried to raise the car off his leg but that proved futile. He was losing blood and getting weak. He felt himself drifting back to unconsciousness.

Then he heard something dripping. He guessed it was gasoline dripping off the fuel tank. He knew he had to do something before the car explodes. Listening harder, he could hear a sound coming from the trunk. Someone was kicking, it must be the boy. That was all Morgan needed to motivate him. He tried to lift the car off his leg and pull his leg away too. This was looking like it was not getting him anywhere. He had to help the boy get off the trunk. Morgan stretched his
hand and pulled the trunk lever, unlocking the trunk.

He heard a bang behind him and he turned. He perceived something burning. Something had cut fire. If the fire gets to the fuel tank, they would be roasted. Morgan noticed then that the boy had stopped kicking. He panicked. He thought maybe the boy was unconscious, or worse, dead. He called to the boy. 
"Boy. Boy! Can u hear me?"

There was no answer. Morgan imagined the worst. With one strong move, he pulled out his leg with shouts of pain at the action. He crawled out of the car as quickly as he could which was not as quick as he would have loved to. He groaned as the pieces of shattered glass from the car window pierced his arms as he crawled. He stood up and staggered towards the trunk dragging his left foot that he was shot on. He was moving too slowly and he knew it. He couldn't help it because his legs were heavy. As he got closer to the trunk, he noticed the trail of fire that was heading towards a patch of gasoline on the floor. Morgan had to act fast. 

There was a blast.

......................................................................********************************************************************** Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.