EPISODE 33

31st July, 2003.

*********************************

"Thank you very much" Mr. Hills said to the prison guard as he was led out of the van and accompanied into the cemetery. His wife Esperanza was there too. She stood by the tombstone watching him.

Mr. Hills had spent 7 years in prison already, haven been found guilty of the murder of Mr. Woods. He had also given a full confession to the crime, contrary to Xavier's advice. He had requested to be given a day every year to visit the cemetery where the ashes of his son Jason had been buried. Today was one such days.

He walked to the tombstone. He knelt by it and cried. Esperanza cried too. She had Mr. Hills to blame for the death of their son, but there was nothing she could do now. He was dead already. She had visited Mr. Hills twice in prison. She could still remember the day she saw the news that her husband had been sentenced to life imprisonment for the double murder. Her daughter Stacy was in her arms then. Stella had seen the news and she quickly took Stacy off Esperanza and told her to go play in her room. Esperanza had wept bitterly that day. She called everyone she knew and would not stop crying.

The following day, she insisted she would fly to go see her husband but Stella would not let her. Three days later she visited, this time in prison. When she got to see Mr. Hills. She couldn't help but pity him. She wanted to ask him why he did it. Why he would kill his own best friend. But she also wanted to ask him how he was doing. After a touching encounter of the couple, both of them felt something close to peace.

*****************×****************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.