EPISODE 46

The sitting room was a mess. Everything was scattered. There had definitely been a fight here.

Nicki walked into the room observing. She had decided to come and see the young man for whom her dad was having so much worry over. She wanted to talk to him as her boyfriend Cinn had suggested. This was not what she expected. She feared the worst. Maybe someone had beaten her to it. Maybe the man was dead already. Cinn would think she did it.

Nicki walked about the room hoping to see something that would give her clues as to what might have happened there. Nothing stood out. There was a gun on the floor and a lot of blood at the center of the room. She bent down and saw a gun under the shelf. She went to the shelf and saw something else too. It was some kind of device. She dug under the shelf and took out the device to take a closer look at it. It had a strap at both ends and a round metallic center. There were buttons numbered one to ten on it. It looked to her like a high tech device. Its design and sophistication caught her eyes. Nicki didn't know what the device was and she was curious to find out. Maybe this was what her dad really wanted from the young detective. She took it with her and left the room.   

**********************************************************************

His head was heavy with the punches he had received. He still could not believe he fought someone that huge and lived to tell the tale.

Cinn had gone to see Wafi in his apartment uninvited as usual and what he met was bad. He walked in on a huge chunk of a man kicking Wafi mercilessly. Cinn immediately threw his full weight on the man sending him to the ground. They proceeded in exchanging blows.

Cinn was the faster party but the man had weight behind his punches. Thanks to karate classes Cinn took when he was younger he managed to get the man to the ground with a kick to the head that made him unconscious.

Cinn quickly carried his friend down to his car and drove. He had driven for just five minutes when he found himself getting dizzy. The closest hospital was thirty minutes away. If he continued driving under that condition he might end up crashing into another car. And the more time he wasted in getting treatment for Wafi, the less chances Wafi would have at surviving. Cinn drove on; confident he would make it to the hospital. He was still dizzy on the steering wheel and crashed into a car that was parked in front of a night club. He managed to fall out of the car and then yelled for help.  

**********************************************************************
Stacy and her friend Emily had just left the club. They were about to enter their car when a Maserati came crashing into the car. Both girls had ran away but quickly came back to see if anyone was injured.

A man came out of the drivers seat of the Maserati and asked for help. Emily immediately went to help the man. She leaned down, told the man that she was a doctor, took him into her arms and checked his pulse. He was still breathing. Stacy had come closer. She saw another man inside the Maserati. He was covered in blood. She felt deeply sorry for the man. She didn't know what, but she felt a deep love for the man. She leaned into the car, held the man's hand and yelled for someone to call the paramedics. 

Emily rushed to the man who was covered in blood and tried to keep him awake.
"Stay with me. Don't close your eyes" she told the man.

Before long, the paramedics arrived and after a first aid treatment, they took both men to the hospital. Stacy and Emily rode in the ambulance with them.  

**************************×*******************************************

"So you say you were just about to enter your car when it happened?" The police officer questioned Stacy.

She had endured twenty minutes of police interrogation. Left to her, they should have left the hospital by now. The event of yesterday had kept them awake all night. And the police interrogation was not helping either.

She had asked that they leave but Emily insisted that they stay and make sure the men were alive. Stacy obliged.

"Yes sir. Like I told the other officer, we had just left the club and were about to enter our car when the Maserati came out of nowhere and crashed into our car." Stacy said. 

She looked around for Emily and saw her talking to a nurse at the counter. Emily should be here with her answering these police questions, she thought.

"Madam, tell me this. What were you two doing in the club that night?" The officer asked Stacy. She didn't know whether to answer the question, laugh or just walk away.

She was about to walk away when Emily said from behind her.

"We came to the club to pray, officer." She took Stacy's hand and turned to the officer.

"Now listen officer. We have told you guys all we know. There is nothing else to tell. It was just an accident and we were the victims here. If you are trying to find out from us what happened to either of the men before they came crashing into us, well that, we don't know. And I must say that that is your job to find out. So please let my sister and i go. It has been a long night."

The officer had nothing to say. Stacy smiled at her sister.
Both ladies walked towards the exit of the hospital.

"So what did you find out about them? You know am dying to know." Stacy said.

"Please no one is dying today," Emily joked. 

Stacy laughed and Emily continued.

"Well, the guy who was driving is very rich. Apparently he was the one that built the hospital. The nurse said that not many people knew this. Now the other man is a cop. He got in a fight of some sort. He received so many kicks to the head they fear he might not survive. I am guessing its because he is a cop that's why the cops are asking us these many questions."

She signaled for a cab. Both girls entered the cab and headed home.    

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you..